Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 58.1°F | Humidity: 85% | Pressure: 29.91in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SW | Wind Speed: 0.7mph [see map]

Free Newsletter

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Early Birds
updated: Jan 31, 2013, 11:22 AM

By Edhat Subscriber

A few shots from the other morning capturing an outstanding colorful sunrise, surfers and our fantastic birds!

Send this picture as a postcard

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

# # # #

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 369426P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 11:36 AM

LOVE the shots with the surfer and Pelican. That needs to be a poster!

COMMENT 369431 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 11:45 AM

Agreed - loved them all, but the surfer & pelican and the 1st shot with all the little fluffballs with beaks in the sand were favs.

PAMSB agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 11:47 AM

Denise: Beautiful, as always. Hijacking slightly: Do you know if the Gray Hawk is still hanging out down at Padaro Lane?

DDPHOTOGRAPHY agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 01:01 PM

Thanks for the comments. Lucky shot for the surfer & Pelican. I was focusing on the Pelican and hoped it was in focus as I was using my tripod!

Yes Pam! I get emails from the SB bird group via Yahoo and someone reported seeing him either yesterday or the day before. He was across the 101 at a nursery looking for breakfast! When I was up in Carp last week I did drive on SC lane to see if I could spot him again but no luck...but I only drove down and didn't get out.
So he/she is still around! If you can I would go up right at sunrise around the Salt store and the speed limit sign as that is where most have spotted him.

COMMENT 369527 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 03:02 PM

I saw the Gray Hawk at the end of Sandpoint Ln. Great shots!

BONNER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-01 02:26 PM

Can anyone identify the birds? I am always learning about our birds and nature with these photos on Edhat but so much more out of it when I know what they are. Are they the "snowly plovers" I read about sometimes and was the larger bird the parent? Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures.

COMMENT 370271 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-02 02:26 PM

Great shots! Love the little birdies!

DHW agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-02 06:07 PM

l loved these shots especially the little birds but also the pelicans.

COMMENT 370452 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-03 09:26 AM

Surfin' biiiiird! Poppa-ooh-mow-mow-poppa-oom-mow-mah-mow...

56% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.