Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 55.9°F | Humidity: 96% | Pressure: 29.85in (Steady) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15844 Subscribers

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Lama
updated: Feb 02, 2013, 9:00 AM

By Edhat Subscriber

Meet Lama, he's a 50% golden retriever, 25% husky and 25% Italian Greyhound mix from the county shelter. He'a a little over 100 lbs and about 3 or 4 years old. I called him Lama because he's Tibetan like the Dalai Lama;). He's a great dog with a spooky eye (heterochromia) who loves people, but his mom and dad the most by far.

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 370203 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-02 09:56 AM

what a beauty!!

COMMENT 370231 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-02 11:48 AM

Wow! now thats one big, beautiful pup!

COMMENT 370245 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-02 12:27 PM

Yes--beauty dog!

COMMENT 370249P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-02 12:30 PM

I love big dogs and he is just beautiful. You are both lucky to have found one another. Enjoy many good years together.

LIZBETH agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-02 02:28 PM

I'd like to have seen the husky/iggy mix.

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-02 04:56 PM

Lizbeth, I was about to say the same thing. One can only imagine the occasion that produced him. What a lovely boy! I'd like to hug him.

COMMENT 370332P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-02 05:08 PM

He's gorgeous.

Don't trust those breed descriptions too much. The 2 big dogs' lineage will do. Is the shelter doing DNA tests these days? That would explain a "pit /cocker spaniel" mix I saw a while back. (rolling eyes)

COMMENT 370366 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-02 07:19 PM

Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone! No, I don't trust the DNA test. It was done privately- not by the county. He's 110 pounds, and I always thought that he was a Tibetan mastiff mix. I really doubt that he could be part 10 lbs Italian greyhound like they said. Who knows, he's a great dog and I'm so happy to have him.

BEACHBIKER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-02 11:46 PM

What a handsome boy!

COMMENT 370404P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-03 02:13 AM

i used to walk my boyfriend's 110-lb Malamute/Arctic wolf mix. It got so I had to stay off the beaten path(s). Couldn't get in a good walk, we spent so much time talking with people. Everyone went nuts over that dog.

I suspect you have the same "problem" whenever you walk Lama. We should get together and walk our dogs. Mine is a shade under five lbs. I bet we wouldn't get around the block in under an hour.

COMMENT 370417P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-03 07:11 AM

I must admit I wouldn't let you get by me on a walk in fact you left me wanting to hear more about this beauty! So glad he has a happy home :)

UPONTHEHILL agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-03 08:13 AM

He is absolutely gorgeous!

COMMENT 370471 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-03 10:40 AM

He's hypnotizing us with that eye!

COMMENT 370621 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 08:57 AM

We had a private DNA test performed on our dog as well. If you read the scientific literature explaining the test it it makes a lot more sense why surprising breeds will show up in your dog's lineage.

57% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.