Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 62.8°F | Humidity: 53% | Pressure: 30.05in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 3.1mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15899 Subscribers
      667 Paid (4.2%)
     1 Commenters
     3606 Page Views

Benefit for Sarah House
Benefit for Sarah House

The Winehound
The Winehound

Free Flu Shots
Free Flu Shots

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Tell them you found them on Edhat!
www.edhat.com/referrals

Aching Tooth
updated: Jan 30, 2013, 8:10 PM

I am looking for a referral for an endodontist in Santa Barbara. I recently had root canal and am still having pain. The Endodontist who did the work says everything looks fine. I need a second opinion and hope to find someone who can diagnose the problem.

Places People Are Talking About:

Dr. PatmoreDr. Sean Robertson

What People Are Saying:

COMMENT 369250P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-30 09:04 PM

Absolutely the best in the county: Dr. Cami Ferris at SB Endodontics 682-0055 Here's the office info link.

COMMENT 369254P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-30 09:20 PM

Dr. Sean Robertson treated my elderly mother successfully and kindly. He's in Alamar center at State & Alamar catty-corner from the Crocodile and was referred by her very good dentist, Dr. Avolese.

Robertson: 2780 State St Suite 1, 687-1404

If you have a trusted dentist or periodontist, ask them.
Get lots of input and be a tough consumer -- interview them.
Surprised there's not more in SB. I met Kathy Patmore in another milieu, I don't know about her work.

COMMENT 369260P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-30 10:50 PM

Dr. Stephen Pickering did a root canal for me as well as a crown. Definitely knows his way around teeth.

COMMENT 369263P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 12:26 AM

Terrell Pannkuk - same office as Cami Ferris. Really nice person and really good endodentist.

COMMENT 369269 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 06:10 AM

I saw Brennan and Suzuki a few years back for an abscess, they were both great.

COMMENT 369271 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 06:13 AM

Dr. Ferris or Dr. Pannkuk, only. They went to the best school in the world for Endo training.

COMMENT 369275 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 06:27 AM

Dr Tadao Suzuki is excellent. His office is in the medical complex on Patterson, between the freeway and the post office.

COMMENT 369294 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 07:16 AM

Dr. Jack Sturm is the very best. Courteous and professional office and assisting staff, and he is gentle, caring, and skilled. Just exceptional.

COMMENT 369300 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 07:25 AM

Dr. Sean Robertson is the absolute best in Santa Barbara!

COMMENT 369317 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 07:46 AM

Another vote for Dr. Sean Robertson.

COMMENT 369318 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 07:47 AM

Definitely Dr. Pannkuk

COMMENT 369320 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 07:53 AM

Only Dr. Ferris or Dr. Pannkuk. Exceptionally skilled and personable.

COMMENT 369324P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 07:57 AM

S.B. Endodontics all the way! Dr's Ferris & Pannkuk.

They are easy to find downtown on Mission just before State St.

They also have the latest endodontic technology in their office & accept just about all insurance.

ETHEL agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 07:58 AM

Dr. Sean Robertson! Gentle - Caring - Excellent dentist. Went to the best endo school in Boston. You can watch fav movies while work is being done. Highly recomend!!

COMMENT 369330 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 08:01 AM

Brennan and Suzuki are excellent. I've had experience with both and they are professionally at the top of their specialty!
After a really bad experience with Pankuk, who made me wait for weeks, Brennan and Suzuki made appointments very quickly and resolved the problems.

COMMENT 369337 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 08:16 AM

DR Patmore is whack and I didn't like her!!

COMMENT 369341 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 08:23 AM

Dr. Pannkuk all the way.

COMMENT 369347 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 08:31 AM

Dr. Ingrid Lawaty. Good work and an amazing, personable and caring office, from Dr. to assistants.

COMMENT 369358 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 08:50 AM

Brennan's office is dirty.

COMMENT 369360 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 08:51 AM

Hands down Dr. Lawaty...shes the best!! Just seen her last week. Shes warm and compassionate and knows exactly what shes doing. Herself & husband Bob makes everyone feel comfortable. Good people doing good work hands down. By the way if it helps my family is well beyond over 8 generations here. If I recomm someone or a place its because they are the best.

COMMENT 369396 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 10:54 AM

My Endodontist in La Canada (LA) goes to Dr Munce in Santa Barbara when he needs to see en endodontist.

John Munce
805 962 0161

COMMENT 369402 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 10:57 AM

Dr. Munce did an excellant job for me about 10 years ago.

FIRST DISTRICT agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 11:07 AM

I have been to three in Santa Barbara. Dr. Sturm's office acted as if I should fork over the money as I walked over the threshold. I definitely didn't care for Dr. Munce and/or the music he played during the procedure.

On all levels I highly recommend Dr. Pannkuk. (And it's a big deal to be positive when it comes to root canal surgery).

CARBELECTRIC agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 11:12 AM

Dr. Tad Suzuki 964-0378, has done excellent work for me, with great follow ups. Highly reccomend, rest of family also great dental care!

BFMOUNTAIN agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 11:28 AM

Dr. Sean Robertson!! By far. He is kind, caring and an excellent endodontist.

COMMENT 369428 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 11:41 AM

Dr. Ferris hands down!

COMMENT 369432 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 11:47 AM

Another vote for Sean Robertson!

COMMENT 369438 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 11:59 AM

I personally worked for Dr. Lawaty and know she is an excellent endodontist. I have also been a patient of Dr. Pannkuk who is excellent. You couldn't go wrong with either of those choices. Dr. Lawaty is very compassionate and caring as someone else mentioned.

COMMENT 369566 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 04:11 PM

Dr. Sean Robertson did my husband's and my root canals. Great work.

SBALAX agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 05:52 PM

Here's another vote for Sean Robertson! He's done two root canals for me and both were easy. He has a great collection of movies to watch.

COMMENT 369651 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-31 08:52 PM

Dr Patmore is a very skilled endodontist. Fast and minimal pain.

COMMENT 369994P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-01 02:37 PM

Unfortunately must agree with FirstDistrict regarding the money grab situation by Sturm's office. I could understand if I had walked in off the street perhaps, but this was a professional referral! Another lesson learned: Be sure whomever you select is forthcoming about what/why certain procedures or diagnostics are needed and if covered by your insurance too. Also, my personal experience has been that sometimes a touchy tooth just needs time to "settle down" (pre root canal situation) and no further intervention was needed. I understand that your situation is post root canal. Hope it works out o.k. for you.

COMMENT 371066 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 01:30 PM

Dr Sean Robertson is one of the best.
Service is outstanding and the office and staff are really nice.