Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 56.8°F | Humidity: 95% | Pressure: 29.98in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15538 Subscribers
      700 Paid (4.5%)
     1 Commenters
     1111 Page Views

Bike MS
Bike MS

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Wrong Way Driver
updated: Jan 20, 2013, 4:54 AM

Vehicle going Northbound in the Southbound lanes between Milpas and State street. I heard the siren, then the call..

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 04:55 AM

Highway 101 haven't heard anything else.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 04:56 AM

Southbound in the Northbound lanes approaching Summerland.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 04:58 AM

The call was cancelled the driver is an elderly woman so I guess it's ok..Roger over and out.

COMMENT 365429P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 06:25 AM

Up early today? or did the siren wake you up?
Glad there was no accident with such an event.

COMMENT 365438 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 07:29 AM

Its an elderly woman and that makes it OK?

How about we take her license and her car - what a menace. thank god no one was killed...

COMMENT 365444 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 07:52 AM

Assumptions put aside: How do you know the officier did not detain driver and make a report? Roger just reported the sirens had stopped so we all can assume the incident is under control. Period.

COMMENT 365451 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 08:04 AM

I was hit by an elderly woman who was driving the wrong way on 101. She got confused and got on the offramp. After a certain birthday, driving tests should be every year! Plus, a relative should sign off that they can vouch for the driver and their abilities.

COMMENT 365483P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 09:00 AM

451 - You are so right!

SBCARDINAL agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 09:17 AM

I read Roger's comment to mean that there were no accidents, not that it was OK she was elderly. So thankful no one got hurt.

COMMENT 365487P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 09:34 AM

All I can say is...look both ways before you turn to enter a one way street in downtown Santa Barbara.

YES, there are many, many adept senior drivers in Santa Barbara. However, over the 30 plus years I have been driving in downtown Santa Barbara, the numerous drivers I have sucessfully avoided who were driving in the WRONG direction ON OUR CITY'S many one-way streets have appeared to me to be either tourists or senior drivers.

Highway driving in our area is another story.Based on average speeds on Highway 101, you have less time to react to a wrong way driver. Scary!

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 12:33 PM

I report it the way I hear it except when I have to stand up and type at 4 in the morning..I heard it after making a deposit of male Holy Water, heading back to the Kings resting place I heard one siren. CHP was in pursuit then requested SBSO. They determined it was an Elderly X-Ray driver then cancelled the Sheriffs Dept. I added must be OK if it wasn't they would have had SO Continue in..Seems like no one stays in jail anymore so Whats the Problem?

COMMENT 365577 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 01:27 PM

I have driven on these streets for almost 50 years and the most daunting of drivers so far are the blonde soccer Moms, totally ignoring others while turning the wheel of a small tank and yacking furiously down their cell phones. Fearsome.

COMMENT 365582 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 01:44 PM

Cont 577...while driving up 154 is my favorite!! Saw that one the other day. Same description. I laid on my horn and shook my finger as she passed

COMMENT 365632 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 04:17 PM

Roger it is not even worth aruging with people on Ed-Hat it is just getting as bad as Rants and Raves on Craigslist. This use to be an enjoyable site to read and catch up on what is going on in town.. But not anymore.. I guess I will be seen a post towards me telling me to stop reading then... Oh well bring it on... :)

COMMENT 365652 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 05:38 PM

People are simply sharing thoughts. I don't see any special argument in progress here, we would know if there were,

When one of those extended Edhat rants and raves gets into motion it can get really pin - back - your - ears - ballistic!

53% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.