Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 76.6°F | Humidity: 65% | Pressure: 29.97in ( Falling) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 6.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15509 Subscribers
      698 Paid (4.5%)
     101 Commenters
     90015 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Code 3 in I.V.
updated: Jan 18, 2013, 10:01 PM

Truck attempts to ram a police officer in I.V. A lot of code 3 traffic...

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

2013-01-18 10:03 PM

Blocking all access hear em they got 4 subjects on the ground at Gunpoint.

2013-01-18 10:03 PM

Heard Sarbo Tarde and Albraggo..Don't know exact location of incident at this time.

2013-01-18 10:06 PM

Stand Off telling officers not to come down Camino Cordo they will be in the line of fire..

2013-01-18 10:08 PM

I really don't know what exacley is going on here..I don't know if there are injuries or what? All I heard is that the driver of a white truck attempted to ram a police officer..I don't know if perp is in custody..

2013-01-18 10:10 PM

It don't sound like it..Sounds like a stand off..CHP Responding to block traffic from entering Camino Cordo or to don't know between Del Playa and Sarbo Tarde..

2013-01-18 10:11 PM

There is nothing on CHP Website yet.

2013-01-18 10:14 PM

The dog is comming..I always hear that County Cop Dog Yelping...I'd really hate to be his next meal...

2013-01-18 10:16 PM

Sounds like a total stand off vehicle cornered...One victim vehicle at Sarbo Tarde and Camino Corto. Still don't know if there were any injuries..Here comes the County Copper Dog sounds real hungry like he's got the scent of human blood...

2013-01-18 10:18 PM

6830 Del Playa they said it's going to be in front of that address what I do not know..Bad idea taking the truck out for a drive tonight guys sounds like they are gonna have acouple of years to cool their heals..

2013-01-18 10:19 PM

I'm remembering the old days and I'm damn glad I'm not with them.

2013-01-18 10:20 PM

For the grace of Dog go I...

2013-01-18 10:25 PM

Code 4 all is well.

2013-01-18 10:26 PM

They must have done the smart thing and gave up...Everyone can go back to sleep now..

2013-01-18 10:26 PM

I wonder if this was at a check point? They are talking about a check point.

2013-01-18 10:27 PM

Either way it's over..Roger over and Out.

2013-01-18 10:30 PM

I don't know if they had 4 subjects at gunpoint in the beginning they actually said "We got 4 Subjects." I thought they were at Gunpoint so I added that... But all I heard was that they had 4 subjects..I want to make that clear..My bad spank me..

2013-01-19 07:42 AM

Look to KEYT for the UPDATE on this story it was NOT a criminal matter. The truck malfunctioned causing it to smash into the car ahead of it then speed down the street..

COMMENT 365213 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-19 08:50 AM

Roger the check point, at least one of them was on Hollister by Costco...

2013-01-19 08:54 AM

Thanks..

COMMENT 365255 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-19 10:21 AM

KEYT is reporting the truck had a mechanical failure which caused the incident. The four "subjects" (math, science, art, and PE) have all been released from custody.

I am glad officers didn't start shooting. They would have killed some innocent people driving a broken truck.

COMMENT 365276 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-19 12:05 PM

I know the young girls involved. The truck accelerated due to a mechanical failure. There was no attempt to ram the police car. The truck only traveled 20 or so feet before she was able to turn the ignition off. KEYT has completely overblown this whole thing and turned it into a 'narrow escape for the officer' and a hit and run, when in fact the officer was NEVER in any danger and though there was a hit, there was no 'run'. No drugs or alcohol were involved. It was an accident. Hopefully Edhat users wont react like KEYT did.

2013-01-19 12:33 PM

DON'T BLAME KEYT...I was reporting what I heard over the scanner IT WAS ME I'M THE MONSTER!!! KEYT got down to the bottom of the story...I was reporting what I heard directly from the scanner..

COMMENT 365299 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-19 02:13 PM

There was a DUI checkpoint on Hollister/Storke.

83% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.