Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 81.0°F | Humidity: 53% | Pressure: 29.77in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 6.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15685 Subscribers
      687 Paid (4.4%)
     139 Commenters
     78324 Page Views

Drama Dogs (Sept 26-Oct 5)
Drama Dogs (Sept 26-Oct 5)

The Winehound
The Winehound

Bike MS
Bike MS

Wine Tasting and Yacht Tours
Wine Tasting and Yacht Tours

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this
Created In SB

Apocalyptic Video Journal
updated: Dec 22, 2012, 8:59 PM

By Brian Peddicord of CreatedinSB.com

December 21st, 2012 inspired Brian Peddicord to treat each day as if it were his last. This beautiful video journal shows what he did on the "apocalypse".

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

LOUWHO? agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 09:23 PM

Very impressive!!! Thank you for sharing. I am glad we are all still here to watch your beautifully shot and edited video. Where is the canal located?

COMMENT 356880 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 06:59 AM

That was a life affirming video. I loved the real things you did and how you shared them. It was just great. I'm so glad you make video and I look forward to more!

FLICKA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 07:22 AM

Wonderful to watch, thanks. Did anyone really believe we wouldn't still be here?

COMMENT 356900 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 09:04 AM

The "canal" is mission creek at State and Cabrillo/Mason

SBANDTO agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 11:19 AM

What a beautiful day. Thank you for capturing your day on video and sharing it. Wonderful sentiment - inspiring us to get out and enjoy every day!

COMMENT 356953 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 12:39 PM

Sweeeeeeet!!!!

[Sad that a couple of sourpusses downvoted the YouTube video.]

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 06:43 PM

This is a lovely video - good to remember your philosophy of treating each day as if it were your last. Thank you for sharing.

YIN YANG agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 11:15 PM

As I learned at age 13, reading Castaneda, death is always at your left shoulder, as Don Juan says, so live each day as if it's your last.
(Regardless of Castaneda's reputation, the first 2 or 3 books are good compendiums of world spirituality and philosophy. And hey, we were all teens once, right? Doors of Perception, anyone? :-))

Another lovely work, Brian.

COMMENT 357295 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-25 11:02 AM

LOUWHO - Thank you very much for the comment and for saying that. The canal comes from Mission Creek and runs under Rusty's and State St near the corner of State and Cabrillo. Thank you for watching :)

880 - Thank you so much. I figured there were enough people trying to spin the whole 12/21 thing as a negative or apocalyptic event, so there should at least be one video that made it into a positive. You can see all of my videos on my channel YouTube.com/CreatedinSB :)

FLICKA - Thank you as always for your support. There were quite a few people who were legitimately worried about it. If you study what the Mayans actually said, and not the inaccurate western translation, they never said it would be the end of the world, but simply the beginning of a new cycle. Even if it was the end, I'd want to go out on a high note :)

900 - Thank you :)

SBANDTO - It was a beautiful day just like any other here in SB. I love filming, so I always have my camera with me. I want to encourage people with my videos to get out and enjoy our beautiful city and be a part of the community. We are so lucky to live here.

953 - Thank you! Yeah, I don't worry about the haters. As the quote says, "Haters gonna hate" That's just what they do. I find that when someone is adverse to a message, it usually means it's important for them to hear.

AUNTIE S - Thank you for the comment. I'm glad you enjoyed it. You are very welcome.

YIN YANG - I love Castaneda. Thank you very much for your support. Thinking in this way has really had a big impact on my life, it's helped me let go of any fear or worry about what others may think and made me realize that I don't need to be better than anyone else, just better than I used to be :)

56% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.