Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 62.8°F | Humidity: 77% | Pressure: 30.05in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: SSW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise

15931 Subscribers
      653 Paid (4.1%)
     67 Commenters
     56185 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Traffic Accident
updated: Dec 22, 2012, 4:41 PM

Traffic Accident: 101 Southbound at the S Curve just prior to the tunnel. 3 vehicles are involved.

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 04:42 PM

2 Sideways one in the center divider..

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 04:44 PM

Unknown injuries..

COMMENT 356795 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 05:17 PM

How many bone heads a week loose it in those two turns? thats a perfect spot for the bone head cam so we can all watch.

COMMENT 356806 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 06:30 PM

CHP has stepped up their efforts the last couple months by adding another speed indicator and even so much as stationing a manned cruiser right next to the turn out prior to the tunnel and yet still people are not paying attention to the 55mph speed limit...

COMMENT 356811 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 07:12 PM

I second the idea of installing a bonehead cam! We have them at other intersections along the 101.

COMMENT 356828P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 07:56 PM

when I see cars barreling up fast in my rear view mirror, I put my flashers on or tap my brakes repeatedly to let them know I'm slowing down. I figure lots of drivers are from out of state/area and don't know the danger.

COMMENT 356869P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 11:27 PM

A friend and I drove to Lompoc to adopt a puppy while they are on Holiday sale at the Animal Shelter, (50.00 off until Monday), and we came back on 1 and then on 101 and from the sound of it we just missed all these accidents and activities. I am so happy we missed them, but wish those who were involved well even if it was their fault. I did see both of those speed signs and it was interesting to see people slow for the first one, and not expecting the second one speed way up again. We also saw two CHP Units on our trip home which never happens. BTW.......my new addition is a eight week old Chi/Lhasa mix and is sleeping sweetly on my lap. It's been a long time since I've had a puppy or kitten and I had forgotten how they go full tilt and then just crash and sleep where ever they find themselves.

COMMENT 356910P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 10:10 AM

I come down there all the time and am amazed at the idiots who zoom by at high speed. Saw a small herd of deer just off the right shoulder a while back and could imagine the mess if one of them had taken off into the road. Drive safe everyone.

COMMENT 357280P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-25 09:45 AM

869P: Merry Christmas to you and that new piece of your heart! What a gift for da botta yas! Glad you all arrived home safe.

67% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.