Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 64.4°F | Humidity: 90% | Pressure: 29.75in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 1.6mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15686 Subscribers
      687 Paid (4.4%)
     162 Commenters
     96112 Page Views

Wine Tasting and Yacht Tours
Wine Tasting and Yacht Tours

Drama Dogs (Sept 26-Oct 5)
Drama Dogs (Sept 26-Oct 5)

Bike MS
Bike MS

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this
DOG OF THE WEEK

Baxter
updated: Dec 22, 2012, 9:00 AM

By Edhat Subscriber

Bonjour! Je m'appelle Baxter!

I'm a fun and flirty six year old Bichon Frise, but I still look three. I love to leap, prance and play fetch. But don't make weird sounds around me, I don't appreciate it.

I'm unmarried but I like to think of myself as a father of 17 babies, stuffed animal babies. I love stuffed animals and the more the merrier. I try not to pick favorites, like any other father. Oh never mind, I love you blue dolphin! My favorite pass time is playing fetch with my tennis ball. I'm really good at giving the ball back to my mom.

My second favorite pass time is hanging out with my dearest friend Kitty. I love to chase her around the yard and lick her face. Sometimes she runs her claws through my luscious curly hair, I'm still not sure why she hisses while she does it but I really enjoy it.

I also enjoy walking with my mom and getting groomed. That Cesar dog food pooch doesn't have anything on this snout.

My dislikes are.... unhappy people. They really get me down. But not for long because I'm always happy.

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

# # # #

# # # #

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 356659 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 09:02 AM

Ah, too cute

COMMENT 356698 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 11:01 AM

A beautiful life for a happy creature. Best wishes.

COMMENT 356770P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 03:42 PM

Photo # 4, with brown pillow/sofa is one of best dog photos ever. It is so fun to see such a happy dog.

Baxter, I hope we see you on the beach someday, you little sweetheart.

YIN YANG agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 04:01 PM

Great pics. Bichons are so irresistible, so happy!

COMMENT 356831P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 08:05 PM

cutie patootie

COMMENT 356844P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 08:19 PM

Where does your happy little dog enjoy getting groomed? I know well a Bichon mix, a rescue dog, who looks quite a lot like Baxter and is also a happy creature; groomers always want to shave him.

COMMENT 356874P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 11:59 PM

He's a keeper!

MTNDRIVER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 07:59 AM

Seriously adorable doggie!

COMMENT 356896P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 08:16 AM

So cute!!! Merry Christmas Baxter :)

COMMENT 356919 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 10:37 AM

Baxter is super cute and very versatile and photogenic! *Happy holidays*

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 06:19 PM

Bonjour, Monsieur Baxter. You make me smile.

COMMENT 357076 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-24 08:12 AM

What a charmer!

COMMENT 382251P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-03-07 09:30 AM

844P - Not Baxter here but with a BF mix rescue dog, looking quite a bit like Baxter and who's also been told by many groomers in Santa Barbara, shave, shave, shave!

Having had bad experiences in several places where my dog emerged pink-skinned (and getting laughter from those who knew him before and after) and being scalped financially at For Paws/State Street (quoted $75 - charged on pickup $125!), I went to Dandy Dogs, Calle Real, about a mile beyond Storke. She did a good job for a reasonable price. I've also heard good things about a groomer on Linden in Carpinteria, sorry don't know the name.

69% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.