Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 53.1°F | Humidity: 100% | Pressure: 29.88in (Rising) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15844 Subscribers

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Baby It's Cold Outside
updated: Dec 21, 2012, 9:07 AM

By Dan Seibert

How cold was it this morning? So cold there was frost and ice on the outrigger canoes on West Beach. But the cold was no match for a kayaker going out before the sunrise.

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 09:56 AM

LOL..Pretty cold especally with a small heater you can't keep on all night but fleece blankets are great..Thanks for the pictures.

COMMENT 356381 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 10:10 AM

brrrrrr. I work across the street and we were reading 33 at 0700.

COMMENT 356388 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 10:15 AM

Its warmer in the water than the beach.Just sayin'.

COMMENT 356389 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 10:19 AM

Last night I had to bring the brass monkey inside.

COMMENT 356397 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 10:42 AM

Winter Solstice. Deal with it.

PATRICK agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 11:04 AM

That's pretty unusual to have frost at the beach. Felt like I was skiing as I peddled to work.

YIN YANG agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 04:46 PM

You crazy, Dan! I admire that. Sure ain't for me though.

I use lots of blankets too, Roger. I can't bear to run an electric heater all night either, due to $$ and the sound. PJ's and socks were needed!

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 06:06 PM

You kayakers are tough! I was snug under my down blanket with my kitties curled up beside me. (Any pictures of yours keeping warm)?

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 06:26 PM

I bought a fleece blanket from Fingerhut warm as sh....cotton.

POWDRELL agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 07:06 AM

Brrr Dan. Too cold for my blood. Good pix. Thanks for sharing.

COMMENT 356691 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 10:25 AM

How many toes and fingers have you left, Dan?

Roger, you might look into getting a kigurumi suit for pjs. Get a white kitty style, be twins with Pooh, and scare the snot out of anyone who dares challenge you.

COMMENT 356696 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 10:54 AM

You should have been in Solvang. 25 degrees! BRRRR

COMMENT 356792P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 05:12 PM

Roger, wool is the best in cold weather. Many thrift stores have wool sweaters, even in larger sizes. a moth hole or two don't matter when it comes to keeping warm!

54% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.