Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 57.0°F | Humidity: 99% | Pressure: 29.88in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15685 Subscribers
      687 Paid (4.4%)
     3 Commenters
     5129 Page Views

Wine Tasting and Yacht Tours
Wine Tasting and Yacht Tours

Drama Dogs (Sept 26-Oct 5)
Drama Dogs (Sept 26-Oct 5)

Bike MS
Bike MS

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Local Stories by Local People
updated: Dec 20, 2012, 8:56 PM

A Santa Maria woman faces life in prison after being convicted of torturing her 2-year-old daughter in 2010.

External Link

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 356306P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 07:35 AM

Oh my; sometimes I wonder about forced sterilization.....

COMMENT 356328 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 08:41 AM

This story makes me sick. I hope she enjoys prison!

COMMENT 356331P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 08:48 AM

WHAT, parole after 7 years?

I say giver her Life WITHOUT parole.

COMMENT 356344 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 09:09 AM

jail is torture...then she will be burned at a later time....not today..

COMMENT 356362 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 09:39 AM

It sounds like the little girl may have a happy home now. I hope so after an awful beginning.

COMMENT 356385 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 10:14 AM

I haven't forgotten this story since I first heard about it. It's just so horrible! I wish there was more information about the little girl's condition. Did she fully recover? I hope she will have full use of her hands and have a happy healthy life full of love.

COMMENT 356386 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 10:14 AM

I always wonder what happened to her in her childhood that would make her think this is ok? I wonder if she was on any meds?

COMMENT 356430 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 12:19 PM

I know the government isn't the right body to control whether or not you can have kids, but I wish there was some way to prevent people that are not good parents from getting pregnant. Maybe something in the water?

Children subjected to this kind of treatment will have a hard time recovering. Thanks goodness some kind family is adopting her.

COMMENT 356466 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 03:02 PM

PLEASE tell me that precious little girl is safe with someone who knows about love.

COMMENT 356494 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-21 04:29 PM

Forced Sterilization???.....If you have friends that say these types of things under the umbrella of compassion.....RUN!!!

COMMENT 356590P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-22 12:23 AM

Eh. I believe in sterilization, not forced (though one can dream), but it should be discussed in cases that end up in the legal system. I'd like to manipulate, urge and convince more people toward that choice. Men too!
I also support manipulated/forced birth control, as in implants, when evaluated by courts and social services. And I'm a liberal who has worked with non-profits involved in issues that directly lead to the desire and perceived need for such steps. At least implants can be removed.
I'd rather see monies spent on education, including sex education, of young, poor kids than see them incarcerated or getting support for having kids.

COMMENT 356958 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-23 12:59 PM

@ 356430

There is such a thing -- it's called "family planning", and consists of sex education, birth control, and abortion. You know who blocks these things.

25% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.