Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 58.1°F | Humidity: 79% | Pressure: 30.16in (Rising) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: ESE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter

Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Hobbit Line
updated: Dec 13, 2012, 4:19 PM

By Edhat Subscriber

We have tickets to the midnight show of the Hobbit tonight at the Arlington, and were interested in getting Edhat reports on the length of the line. Not sure how early we have to go to get good seats.

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

SBSURFERLIFE agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 04:32 PM

Oh geez, get there by at least 9 or 10 and bring a bunch of blankets. People love lining up for this kind of stuff.

COMMENT 353755 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 04:46 PM

If you are not there already, you are too late!

COMMENT 353757 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 04:49 PM

I have no report on the length of the line, but if you are interested in the combined IQ and/or social skills of the line, I can give you those stats.

COMMENT 353761 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 04:51 PM

Here I am by the fire, wineglass in hand, waiting to be one of the first to see it when Netflix gets it. Interim, life continues.

COMMENT 353766 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 05:00 PM

I didn't see anyone when I drove past at 3:30pm, so I highly doubt 755 is correct. When I showed up about an hour prior to big movies opening (Twilight (shut up), Harry Potter and Hunger Games), it's a decent line. Still got ok seats, but if you want good seats, be prepared to go 2-3+ hours before. Send someone to grab coffee or food after you get in line - don't stop on the way. It helps pass time. Now I'm curious - if I drive past on my way home, I'll post again with an update.

COMMENT 353768P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 05:10 PM

Thanks 766.

COMMENT 353769P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 05:11 PM

I'm going to New Zealand to see him in person later this month :-)

COMMENT 353770 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 05:13 PM

757, nice. Why not just live and let live? People enjoy waiting in line for a movie. I don't get it, but I'm not going to call them dumb for it.

Maybe they're having fun!

COMMENT 353866P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 09:56 PM

757 is just miffed because they kill trolls in the movie.

COMMENT 353886P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-14 01:38 AM

866. That's good.

@769P If you mean you're going to see "Bilbo" in En Zed, you're far too late. He died in Return of the King. Or went off with the Elves. Either way, he's not in En Zed anymore.

Have fun looking, though.

COMMENT 353935 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-14 08:22 AM

Who's Zed?
Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

COMMENT 353970 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-14 09:51 AM

Do your own scouting.

COMMENT 354058 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-14 12:25 PM

hey while you guys are at it, can you also check if there is a long wait at Carlito's Cantina?
I too lack the sense to use my cell phone to call the place I am curious about myself. Even though I clearly am able to go online.
LOL

COMMENT 354116 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-14 03:25 PM

I don't think there is any phone number that would reach a real person at the movie offices.

COMMENT 354119 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-14 03:28 PM

Have...have you ever actually called a movie theater? Because people pick up..

33% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.