Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 48.8°F | Humidity: 100% | Pressure: 30.22in (Rising) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: SW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter

Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

B of A Class Action
updated: Dec 13, 2012, 12:35 PM

By Edhat Subscriber

I just received a letter with a claim form for a class action lawsuit for a Bank of America credit card protection plan. Did anyone else that uses B of A get one of these letters? Is this legit?

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 353675P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 12:53 PM

I did but I don't have a credit card with them and never did so I tossed it out.

COMMENT 353677P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 12:57 PM

675P did you debit/ATM card have a Visa logo on it? Then it is also technically a credit card.

COMMENT 353715 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 02:48 PM

I don't bank with B of A but there are several current class action lawsuits against them. What you probably got involves higher than normal overdraft fees, which unless you had an instance in which you went over your limit on a debit account or checking account and incurred charges, you'd not quality for anyway.

I can't include a link, but if you google class action suits you can find some search engines that explain the parameters of ones you might have been notified about.

COMMENT 353748P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 04:38 PM

675P here, nope, no account with them ever in my life.

COMMENT 353804 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 06:36 PM

I have an account with BofA and yes, I also received the class action notice. From my conversation with the Law firm - this goes back to some "Credit Protection Plan" that BofA offered.

I remember seeing the charge on my account that I disputed at least 4 times over that first year with assurances that it would be removed. It was, until the next year: when it appeared yet again.

I later found out this was one of those "reverse opt out" offers where if you DIDN"T send in the postcard - it meant acceptance.

FLICKA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-14 09:51 AM

Have a BofA credit card (don't bank there) but have always paid the day the bill comes. We'd like to change as we don't like them much.

COMMENT 354246 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-14 07:41 PM

I have received several of those class action notices over the years. I think the amount I would receive would not be worth the effort of looking for the records, which I have probably thrown away. I hope I am not wrong.
It does no doubt benefit the attorneys involved. The institutions sued need to keep an eye toward transgressions, and that is worthwhile.

57% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.