Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 58.6°F | Humidity: 96% | Pressure: 29.94in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15492 Subscribers
      695 Paid (4.5%)
     11 Commenters
     24374 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Puddle Jumper
updated: Dec 12, 2012, 9:00 PM

By Max Rosenberg

Flying today from SB to Ventura.

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

BECKY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-12 09:56 PM

Campus Point, Campus Point, Rincon?, SB Harbor. ID location of photo 3 please.

COMMENT 353536 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 06:29 AM

#3 is definitely Rincon.

MADMAX agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 07:31 AM

Campus Point
Campus Point
Rincon
SB Harbor

COMMENT 353553P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 07:43 AM

Cool photos. Thanks for sharing.

COMMENT 353563 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 08:15 AM

Max, can I use the two pix of Campus Point in my UCSB class next year? It's a class in EIR writing, and our made-up project is a three-story building on Campus Point.

COMMENT 353580 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 08:53 AM

Without sounding too harsh I hope, I'm wondering why the need to fly such short distances so often max? Is it personal play? Work? Planes pollute so much of the natural beauty you photograph. I just finished watching a documentary about islanders in the pacific who have never used any sort of fuel to pollute and who live completely off the land and within a short time their islands will be under water and they have no where to go. I'm wondering if a short trip to Ventura is worth that? I realize cars pollute too but not like planes.

COMMENT 353597 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 09:35 AM

Photos 1 and 2 are Campus Point? Sure looks prettier from the air! Wowzers!

COMMENT 353608 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 09:56 AM

Are there any rules about how long after takeoff you can begin focusing on photography, versus flying the plane?

COMMENT 353614 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 10:13 AM

What if he is taking flying lessons and needs to get some hours.But of course no one should fly by your logic.Oh,than there would be nobody to fly you to Paris in the spring.

COMMENT 353700 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 02:08 PM

I asked a simple question. There's a world of problems associated with global warming. I'm simply suggesting everyone start thinking about these facts. And yes, my logic is spot on. And I've never been to Paris nor could I ever afford it so before you go assuming I'm some rich clueless SB woman shouting my mouth off you should spend tonight researching what I'm talking about. Then come back at me with something worth listening to.

COMMENT 353736 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 04:02 PM

0700- hope you live above the blue line.

COMMENT 353791P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 06:02 PM

Overhead wing, perfect for photography. Don't be such grinches.

COMMENT 353873P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-13 10:18 PM

The cessna 182 gets 10-12mpg but flies in a straight line, saving on overall travel distance. Therefore it is no worse than many cars. I'm quite certain all the cessnas in California don't put out as much greenhouse gases as a forest fire. Electric planes are just a bit behind electric cars and fuel prices will drive that market for student pilots soon enough. Also, cessna has just switched the new 182s from gas to turbo diesel for 2013 which means the planes could very well be algae or biodiesel powered in the next few years!

There is nothing like seeing where you live from above and I hope you take a 30 min "adventure flight" around Santa Barbara.

COMMENT 354383 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-15 09:40 AM

Thank you 73P for giving the straight facts. I wasn't aware which was why I was asking. Electric planes? That's awesome! That documentary hit home as my boyfriends blood line on his grandmothers side is pacific islander. It's good to be aware and talk about what's been done to better our planet.

MADMAX agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-16 08:16 AM

I was a passenger on this flight so the photography starts when the engine does.

I am a Professional Pilot, I own Santa Barbara Aviation Inc. and we are a Air Taxi Service/Air Carrier.

Flying is fun. Yes you burn gas. It saves incredible amounts of time, the only real commodity in life.

40% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.