Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 54.0°F | Humidity: 79% | Pressure: 29.94in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15896 Subscribers
      666 Paid (4.2%)
     1 Commenters
     2399 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Man Stealing Flags
updated: Dec 10, 2012, 6:26 PM

Man stealing flags at Bankruptcy court now attempting to light the flags on fire..1400 Block of State street..

Gary Evan Matthew Working, age 25, of Santa Barbara was arrested for arson after setting fire to the United States flag at the Bankruptcy Court. [mug] (12/12/12)
2531 21

Back to Main Story

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 06:27 PM

White male wearing a green jacket.

COMMENT 352537 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:03 PM

He must just be pissed because the court blocks off the precious street parking in front of the building on State St.. presumably to protect them against car bombing by angry participants of the court process?? As IF rubber cones could prevent such an act.. Pretty silly. 2 Octogenarian guards outside, rubber cones in the street, large video cameras on all sides of the building... Your tax dollars hard at work. I feel safer already!

COMMENT 352542P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:12 PM

Didn't that building used to be an I Magnum?

COMMENT 352543P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:14 PM

wow he is screwed its one thing to tear around at a court house its entirely different to do it at a federal courthouse, local and federal charges in his future

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:15 PM

Yea and my sister worked there many of hundreds of years ago when she was young.

COMMENT 352551P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:40 PM

537, I agree.

The attacks of 9/11 were ages ago. Why in the world is that section of State street blocked off with orange cones?

COMMENT 352556P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:51 PM

Roger, I worked at I. Magnin back in the early 80's.

COMMENT 352568 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 08:19 PM

Maybe government thinks they'll be attacks on the 21St. Good way for terrorist to scare the crap out of everyone.

COMMENT 352599P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 12:56 AM

Roger, I never worked at I. Magnin.

COMMENT 352600P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 01:05 AM

Roger, I never worked at I. Magnin either.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 06:35 AM

Yea will I was just kidding about my Sister being hundreds of years old. I remember the first Christmas I was here she bought me this H. Bogart dressing room key tag because I was a gangster in my younger years..People thought I was related to Humphry Bogart and had his key ring I think it came from I Magnum, I was offered alot of money for that thing it's laying around here somewhere..It broke off the ring after 20 years I bet you knew my sister her name is Sue Ellen (her last name is not Dodge) She worked there delievered the LA Times, The Biltmore, the Radisson, and she was an Apartment manager for many years for Islay Investments. I never worked there either but I worked many, many other places here.

COMMENT 352659 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 07:29 AM

What's the big deal about not being able to park in front of a courthouse? Not wanting to have to park a block away from the coffee shop per chance?

COMMENT 352735 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 09:17 AM

When they converted the elegant building, formerly a classy I. Magnin Department Store, to a federal bankruptcy court, they spent a small fortune converting it. (taxpayer's money of course) When I first saw it, it prompted me to exclaim that it would be the first Bankruptcy court to offer valet parking!

COMMENT 353040 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 06:45 PM

None of you get his point? So sad. Re read.

COMMENT 353129 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-12 06:05 AM

Ugly truth: Our gov. uses the military and spits vets out on the street. There is minimal VA help, but the help is not commensurate with the sacrifices our vets have made, or the help they need.

60% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.