Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 66.4°F | Humidity: 88% | Pressure: 30.01in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 1.6mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15547 Subscribers
      682 Paid (4.4%)
     0 Commenters
     111132 Page Views

Bike MS
Bike MS

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Tell them you found them on Edhat!
www.edhat.com/referrals

Turkey and Prime Rib for Christmas
updated: Dec 10, 2012, 2:46 PM

Are there any restaurants open for Christmas that serve both turkey and prime rib?

Places People Are Talking About:

Casa EsperanzaHarry'sThe Wine Cask

What People Are Saying:

COMMENT 352398 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 02:56 PM

Pick a few restaurants that you'd like to consider going to. Look them up in the phone book or google them, then CALL them to find out. Nobody here will be able to tell you for sure if a place is serving both, even if it's been a long-standing tradition, things change and you'd be disappointed if you got wrong information, so do the legwork and call. And enjoy your holiday!

COMMENT 352404P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 03:00 PM

Here's a better question - why don't we pool what restaurants we KNOW are open Christmas Day? I'll go first - I know the Crocodile Restaurant is open with a special Christmas menu.

COMMENT 352442 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 03:58 PM

The Harbor is open and will serve both.

COMMENT 352445 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 04:03 PM

McRib is back and available on Xmas Day!

COMMENT 352447 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 04:06 PM

The Harbor and Moby Dick's. The Fig Tree at the Pepper Tree Inn used to be open but check, .

YIN YANG agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 04:09 PM

The Restaurant Guy, John Dickson, will get to it, as he did with his thanksgiving listing. Send him an email:

YIN YANG agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 04:14 PM

Oh, and: Just do what 398 said. The only other way to know a restaurant's menu that day is through websites. mmm, rib roast...

COMMENT 352469 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 04:47 PM

Taco Bell?

COMMENT 352470 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 04:50 PM

Yeah, lol, @398 - I think that's the *entire* purpose of Edhat community threads, to share our knowledge with one another.

So to answer @398 - the Biltmore definitely is open on Christmas and is serving a gourmet buffet and serves both Turkey and Prime Rib. And as stated on their menu they serve the following at their buffet carving station:

~ Roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, gravy, apple apricot sage stuffing.

~ Slow roasted prime rib eye, brandy peppercorn sauce.

~ Maple glazed ham, sesame roasted pineapple.

~ Cedar plank baked alaskan king salmon, greek yogurt cucumber dill sauce.

~ Roasted leg of lamb, five spice date jus.

It's pricey ($95 per person) and reservations will likely fill up within the next week but it's a beautiful environment with excellent service. :)

COMMENT 352480 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 05:12 PM

Sigh, 470, I was suggesting that so that the person didn't get outdated information. Things change from year to year. If you want to LOL at that, go ahead. I was trying to watch out for the OP since a lot of the so-called knowledge here can be outdated and lead to disappointment.

I call it practical advice.

COMMENT 352489 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 05:24 PM

470 Thank you for taking the time to send the enrtire menu. It sounds wonderful but at $95 it would be a little too expensive for us. However, The Harbor Reataurant is excellent with a nice atmosphere and where we are thinking of taking our family,

Afterwards we will enjoy stretching our legs along the harbor before we drive up to the Mission to enjoy the Creche. The latter being a Christmas Day tradition of ours for decades.

Season's Greetings to all, wherever you decide to celebrate, and enjoy a wonderful dinner :)

Good Health, Peace and Happiness in 2013

COMMENT 352517 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 06:29 PM

Go to The Harbor Restaurant on the wharf. I've always been happy going there on CHRISTMAS (that's right, I said the "C" word).

COMMENT 352606P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 02:29 AM

^ It's a good idea to read the thread before posting. hey, 2 great minds think alike! Merry Christmas!

I'm sure the Biltmore will be great, but I'm feeling a little pleased, relieved and content knowing that neither I nor the OP can afford that. 470, whether you're dining or working, enjoy and reap well! Merry Christmas to you too.

CLAWMARKS agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 07:15 AM

We go to the Harbor buffet every year because my parents come down from the bay area and they really really enjoy it. The service, food, and ambiance is all divine. Last year it was $60 for adults and I think $25 for kids (kids can eat anything they want but they have a special kid's buffet down a little lower with things like mac n' cheese and other favorites...they even usually have some little toys for them to take and play with at the table). Last year they added bottomless champagne and you don't pay less if you don't drink. So, it's a bit pricey, but I usually stuff myself on the crab, ahi, and caviar to make it feel like I'm getting my money's worth...
Oh, and they do not take actual reservations, but they do take names for priority seating...so if there are people waiting for tables and you arrive at your designated time, you will be seated first. Call and get the time you want now. ;) That's my recommendation.

CHICA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 08:40 AM

Don't go to Moby Dick's. I went there for Thanksgiving and returned my plate. Their turkey looked like pressed chicken and looked awful.

EDHATBARBARA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 09:05 AM

Coast at the Canary Hotel is advertising Christmas dinner. I suggest going to the website and investigating the menu there.

COMMENT 352736 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 09:20 AM

Casa Esperanza. Just put on some old clothes.

COMMENT 352758 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 10:05 AM

Harry's and the Biltmore?---I know, nice contrast :)

COMMENT 352774 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 10:30 AM

We went to The Wine Cask for Christmas dinner last year. It was amazing. They offer a three course meal for I believe $65 or $75 - you get about 10 options for first and main course and at least 4 or 5 options for dessert. I personally had their prime rib and it was the best I have ever had. It is a little expensive, but not so bad compared to a lot of other restaurants open on Christmas day. The restaurant itself is beautiful as well. Check out their website for more info, but I highly reccommend trying it out!

COMMENT 352818 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 12:09 PM

No worries @480. It just struck me as funny - sometimes that doesn't come across properly in text. :)