Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 80.8°F | Humidity: 34% | Pressure: 29.89in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SW | Wind Speed: 3.8mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15814 Subscribers
      686 Paid (4.3%)
     142 Commenters
     77315 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Boxtales 20 Year Anniversary Festival
Boxtales 20 Year Anniversary Festival

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

What Would Barney Drive?
updated: Dec 09, 2012, 7:10 PM

By Edhat Subscriber

A reader spotted a Prius that stands out from the crowd

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 352027 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 07:22 PM

They often stand out in a crowd; doing 64mph in the fast lane.

NATURE BOY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 07:30 PM

A light-purple Prius. Whoa!

COMMENT 352038 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 07:48 PM

It's just a Prius... not like it's a caribou with a rack almost as tall as it is. Okay, it's a pretty coloured Prius.

COMMENT 352051P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 10:13 PM

Tsk. NATURE BOY. Tsk.

I LOVE this photo. If not for this post, I would never have known there was such a pretty color for a car. If I wanted a car, I might consider this color. You go little purple Prius, you go. You vroom, vroom, vroom.

COMMENT 352074P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 11:19 PM

I had a Pontiac Grand Am that looked just like this color, and it did seem to change floors a bit with weather, and in daylight. I was told by Pontiac (yes, I did ask after it was hit), that they only issued a limited run. One day I saw another one in Carp. We were both surprised.

COMMENT 352078 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 12:27 AM

@051P: It's Mazdas that go "vroom vroom." Toyota Priuses (Prii?) go ------------------. (See, because they're hybrids they're like really quiet, only I don't know how to write complete silence, so "--------------" is the best I can do.

GREAT color on that Prius!.

COMMENT 352083 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 06:08 AM

Looks like a grapemobile. We have a (more boring) Prius, but I might prefer a Grand Am that can change floors.

COMMENT 352099P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 06:52 AM

great shade, too. Purples are hard to get right, most are too pinky-plummy. Very nice.

LOUWHO? agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:46 AM

I Love it!!!! Thanks for posting. Happy Hanukkah NatureBoy - hope Santa can find your house. And Prius' can go way faster than 68 in the fast lane.

COMMENT 352120 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:46 AM

I am surprised it not on the back of a tow truck like most of them.

COMMENT 352123P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:54 AM

352120 - do you have facts to back that up. I know several people who own Priuses that have never seen a tow truck.

COMMENT 352133P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 08:12 AM

123P - I agree. 120 is just blowing smoke...

EDHATBARBARA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 09:09 AM

Hey . . . step lightly when mentioning Miatas! I LOVE mine.

COMMENT 352199 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 10:18 AM

Make mine Mauve!

COMMENT 352213 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 10:31 AM

Love our Prius, and, it too, has never been on a tow truck.

COMMENT 352237 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 11:10 AM

Is that really a stock color? Never seen a Prius like that.

I drove a Prius for a year on company business. Good handling and power, tons of interior room for carrying equipment. Great fuel efficiency, especially in stop & go traffic. Only thing I didn't like was the small rear window - but that's common in Kammback body styles.

COMMENT 352380P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 02:33 PM

great gas saver for the driver but such an burden on the environment. mine the toxic lithium in canada, ship it all the way to europe for more toxic refinement, ship the refined lithium to japan to have it installed in batteries, ship those toxic batteries back to north america for installation in the prius. whatever makes you feel good about yourself i guess.

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:19 PM

But can it float?

ARCHIE agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 08:15 PM

Great to spot in the parking lot!

COMMENT 352588P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 09:51 PM

I remember when that car was three shades of purple; I'm happy she decided on one over the others. The owner and her husband are wonderful people.

COMMENT 352610P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-11 03:45 AM

I get the sense, from some of these comments and mostly from the deleted comments, that there is a fair amount of Prius envy out there.

Am I the only one who saw the South Park episode about the people driving their new "Pious" vehicles? These hybrids were causing a big problem in South Park: excessive amount of "smug" in the air.

That written, I LOVE this color. Yummers.

62% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

*** 4 comments were deleted from this thread by the Edhat Board Nanny for violating Edhat Comments Board policy. Click Here to see them.

Comments on this thread are only open to Community Members.

# # # #