Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 76.9°F | Humidity: 89% | Pressure: 29.96in (Rising) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: ENE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15683 Subscribers
      687 Paid (4.4%)
     54 Commenters
     40633 Page Views

Bike MS
Bike MS

The Winehound
The Winehound

Wine Tasting and Yacht Tours
Wine Tasting and Yacht Tours

Drama Dogs (Sept 26-Oct 5)
Drama Dogs (Sept 26-Oct 5)

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Roger Code Red
updated: Dec 09, 2012, 5:45 PM

Shooting victim: Monarch Court..Unknown circumstances; heard it over the AMR Channel..

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 05:47 PM

I have no other information on this at this time. I hear so will you.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 05:52 PM

Not sure I got the street name right but this occured in Santa Maria Cal Star is responding. I heard the street name wrong it's Varner Court.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 05:53 PM

AMR is meeting Cal Star at Marian the victim was shot in the chest. Sorry about the street name I did not hear it right.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 05:54 PM

This is all I have at this time.

COMMENT 352016 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 06:36 PM

What's with the fireworks?

COMMENT 352018 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 06:43 PM

I heard the fireworks a few minutes ago too. In the downtown SB area. Any idea where they were from?

COMMENT 352019 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 06:45 PM

Featival of lights in the harbor

COMMENT 352022 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 06:55 PM

What's the latest news on this shooting? Was out walking my dog blocks from here at that time, did not hear a thing.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 08:32 PM

The shooting was in Santa Maria the victim shot in the chest was transported to Marian by AMR and by Cal Star to Cottage Hospital. Their condition is unknown. The circumstances of the shooting is also unknown..

COMMENT 352085 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 06:21 AM

If this is the one they are reporting in the news, both streets you mentioned are wrong and it was in a completely different neighborhood. To those of us who live up here, makes a huge difference. Unless there were two shootings at this same time, the street is Oakley.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 11:18 AM

I reported what I heard so either my ears are off or the dispatcher said it wrong or I got the calls mixed up I probabley got the calls mixed up there were so many. Maybe you could go over to Radio Shack yourself and buy a scanner and listen to it 24/7 or maybe I should just stick to reporting Santa Barbara area news. It aien't easy when your listening to a half dozen scanners at the same time all barking out different calls, and your expected to report everything perfect.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 05:39 PM

I'm just telling you like it is Friend I really don't have to report anything about Santa Maria that was never a part of my job. My job is to focus on Santa Barbara and you have convienced me that is what I need to do..Thank You..Again I report what I hear and that is what I heard if you want to talk smack please do it somewhere else I'm not into this buy a scanner I'm sure you could tell the news better than me anyway..You really should hear what is going on in Santa Maria right now..There's a footsie pursuit of course if you had a scanner you would know that...:)

58% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.