Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 65.3°F | Humidity: 75% | Pressure: 29.82in ( Falling) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 6.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15842 Subscribers

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Hot Dog Man
updated: Dec 09, 2012, 8:00 AM

By John Palminteri

The Carpinteria Hot Dog Man, Bill Connell has returned after a break that had edhat readers worried. The time away was in New Jersey with family and Hurricane Sandy victims, a trip to Sacramento to work on Veteran's issues, and an axle replacement on the cart. The dogs are now being served up again on Bailard and Hwy 101. By the way, the Hot Dog Man has a Santa Claus beard and a red sweater on just in time for the holidays!

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 351878 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 08:23 AM

Hot Dog Man sporting a white beard and red sweater in time for the holidays? Nothing gets by JP.

COMMENT 351881 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 08:34 AM

Nice, glad he's back and safe!

MACSCIDOR agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 08:36 AM

Really cool photo, JP. Super composition ... and a nice, timely update to an earlier Edhat query. You rock.

ECHO agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 09:16 AM

I didn't know about the Hot Dog Man until the post worried about him. Will have to visit for lunch sometime!

COMMENT 351912 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 09:49 AM

I figured he went back east. My husband and his co rider will be happy as they stop off after work and grab a hot dog at 4! It usually ruins his appetite for an early dinner though!

HATTIE agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 12:24 PM

thanks for the good news!

COMMENT 351970 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 01:08 PM

dude, you gotta let us know when you take a vacation!

COMMENT 352014 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 06:25 PM

I believe JP and Hot Dog Man are buds. Great shot JP...thanks for the update.

COMMENT 352066P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-09 11:01 PM

Great Photo!!! Way Cool!

LALALALA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 05:27 AM

yay, hot dog man! glad he's OK

COMMENT 352102 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 06:58 AM

Oh, and by the way, if you order a dog from him you do not have to speak up as this "disabled" vet can hear you perfectly well without the use of a hearing aid.

SEEDLADY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:25 AM

102 please don't be so quick to judge--you really are in no position to know.

FLICKA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:30 AM

Man is nice, but I like grilled dogs, not soggy ones pulled from hot water.

COMMENT 352111 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:32 AM

@102 disabled by guilt, jealousy??? Where's yer Xmas spirit?

COMMENT 352116P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 07:38 AM

...m-m-m-m...dogs grilled to a crispy skin at the beach over driftwood twigs. Nuthin like 'em!

COMMENT 352126 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 08:01 AM

The dogs at the harbor are good, too. Closer to home for me.

COMMENT 352146P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 08:43 AM

The hot dog man out of action? That will be the day.

EDHATBARBARA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 09:17 AM

I saw him on Saturday and spent some time chatting with him -- he's just great. What a guy! And I enjoyed my dog, too!

COMMENT 352309 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 12:34 PM

I find it hilarious that this eatery is located immediately adjacent to (if not within) a City of Carpinteria designated outdoor “Smoking Area” – (often the cart is parked within 20’ of the “smoking allowed” signpost.)

ARCHIE agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 08:18 PM

Great to hear the hot dog man is back. I'll head over that way tomorrow!

COMMENT 352571P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 08:24 PM

I had not known of The Hot Dog Man. I really think it's nice that people in the community were concerned for him. Glad he's back and in good condition. Looking forward to heading over to Carp in the next couple of days.

SPARKEY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-10 10:05 PM

Thank Dog Bill is back. I've missed him a few times in the last couple of months and was starting to get worried. Best hot dogs around. It isn't just his food that is great.

Many years ago my boss at the time and I witnessed him run someone off who was screaming obscenities into his phone. Bill wouldn't have someone with that attitude anywhere nearby, let alone sell to them. It made a real impression on me. About a year later, I was coming back from LA after passing my journeyman's test and I was still seeing cross-eyed when I stopped to get lunch. Bill knew exactly what I needed. He's a real saint.

59% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.