Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 77.7°F | Humidity: 44% | Pressure: 30.11in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: West | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15901 Subscribers
      665 Paid (4.2%)
     30 Commenters
     31998 Page Views

Free Flu Shots
Free Flu Shots

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Juvenile Taggers
updated: Dec 06, 2012, 3:14 PM

594/242 - Two juveniles were tagging, a female citizen attempted to detain one and he assaulted her. A UPS Driver pulled over to help.

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 03:17 PM

Pulled over and got the other tagger..First tagger driving a silver Toyota part plate ca. 6SVW??? Vehicle registered to Consuello drive. I missed the exact location of incident but heard Natoma Drive.

COMMENT 351020P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 03:19 PM

Losers.....

COMMENT 351024P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 03:24 PM

Consuello Drive so if I go there in a week a find that car with partial plate in the driveway I assume its okay to spray paint something on it?

COMMENT 351032 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 03:42 PM

Don't ever interfere with these losers, they would just as soon pull a knife on you as look at you. You have to be pretty naive to do something like that. Just get the license plate number and let the police handle it.

Yes, we are all fed up with this obnoxious behavior and would probably like to confront these thugs, but don't take the law into your own hands, it's not worth the price you might pay.

COMMENT 351069P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 04:58 PM

I think that 024P was being sarcastic, however it would be nice in a perfect world to be able to do something like that. Until then we have to endure all the awfulness that is inflicted upon us, and await until justice is served.

COMMENT 351074 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 05:02 PM

There needs to be a much stiffer sentence for these guys

COMMENT 351082P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 05:11 PM

If I saw someone who was doing some thing wrong or if someone was in trouble I would try to help. Thank god there are some people who are willing to step in and help instead of walking away. I think you could call the UPS driver a life saver. It sounds pretty stupid to pretend you don't see whats happening and your too chicken to do anything about it. How would you like to need help and people just stood by and did nothing. I call that pretty dumb..

COMMENT 351091 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 05:28 PM

82 I agree the UPS driver was brave, but he wouldn't have had to risk his life if the woman had called the police instead of trying to apprehend the tagger. She was not preventing injury to anyone and put not only her own life on the line, but also the UPS driver's life.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 05:46 PM

It's the womans fault huh?

COMMENT 351101P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 05:47 PM

At Chase Palm Park one lovely afternoon, and before I owned a cell phone, I saw a young couple carving something into one of the palm trees.

They were acting so cool and casual. I, a 50ish female, walked up to them and told them, in sweet tones, that it wasn't cool to deface a tree like that.

I barely got a nod. Not a word. But they walked away quickly enough.

COMMENT 351119 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 06:18 PM

Anybody remember that movie Colors? Sean Penn had a pretty good way of discouraging this sort of activity!

COMMENT 351135 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 07:01 PM

Don't these kids know that coloring books are still available at the toy stores! It sad to think anyone old enough to drive would write on someones property, I vote harsher punishment also.

COMMENT 351178 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 08:43 PM

The woman is a hero and darned brave to confront two men on her own. The reason there is so much lawlessness is that people turn a blind eye to it.... not this woman!! You go, girl... and good for the UPS driver for helping her out too.

It's okay to be scared about getting involved... I bet she was terrified but acted anyway and that's what makes a hero.

COMMENT 351190P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 09:01 PM

That's what cell phone cameras are for.

COMMENT 351220P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-07 12:36 AM

190P. You could probably encounter a walloping good dose of hostility if someone caught you pointing your camera at them. Best to call as soon as you see this type of activity, memorize the height, weight, clothing worn, tell that to dispatch, and wait, at a safe distance, for the police.

Even with a camera shot, it would be hard for the police to charge these miscreants. Eye witnesses are needed.

COMMENT 351303 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-07 09:13 AM

Registered to Consuelo Dr (one L, by the way) - interesting. A few months ago I reported to Edhat that a person drove thru my neighborhood with a car that had lost a tire, scraped up the street pretty good. We found the car parked at the end of Consuelo, and it was a silver Toyota Camry. I'm "thrilled" to have this person as my neighbor.

COMMENT 351338 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-07 10:36 AM

Just take photos and turn them in, they are controlled by evil desires, bored and need The Lord....4 years ago, St Barbara did not develop a zero tolerance so now they are all over, may be the City could allow a neutral area along the beach front like they do for the skate boarders and they could have a concrete wall and some telephone poles horizontally for them to either deface or paint on, actually I like some of their art and we need to embrace their creativity and help them develop, just some positive thoughts, Merry Christmas!

COMMENT 351351 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-07 10:58 AM

I have to disagree with the title of "Hero" in this instance. A hero does not risk their health and safety or that of another for such a petty and meaningless event as tagging.

The lady is lucky that her good citizenship didn't get her killed.

COMMENT 351444 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-07 03:23 PM

Good job by the woman and the UPS driver. I wish more people would take pride in their city and do the same. This mentality of look the other way and call the cops is what is wrong with todays society. This is your town stand up for it!

COMMENT 351455 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-07 03:38 PM

Taggers are not 'artists', if they were they would paint their own house and fence. They're punks, and the first one I catch artistically scrawling their bunk on my house gets a Louisville Slugger to the groin area, as hard as I can swing the thing, to send them screaming all the way to Kentucky. The knife will fly out of their hands as they grab their groin in agony. After that I will make sure they do as much time as possible.

Good for the woman who has more guts than half the posters on here who want to molly-coddle the poor misunderstood babies. And to the UPS driver who also has guts.

COMMENT 351463 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-07 03:50 PM

455, good luck with that. That's aggrivated battery, even if they are tagging your home. I'd like to see you defend that in court. Sadly (!) you can't just go around hurting someone for property damage, no matter what your revenge fantasies are.

COMMENT 351574P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-07 09:02 PM

I would gladly take my "punishment" for battering a tagger on my property. I'm not afraid of the laws that protect them. Tagging in broad daylight? They were expecting someone to see them and expecting everyone to be too fearful to confront them. Kudos to the woman and the UPS driver. Bravery, citizenship, yay.

45% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.