Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 75.6°F | Humidity: 57% | Pressure: 29.81in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 7.6mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15807 Subscribers
      686 Paid (4.3%)
     128 Commenters
     81709 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Elevator Rescue
updated: Dec 06, 2012, 10:41 AM

Elevator Rescue at Nordstroms on 17 West Canon Perdido. Full fire is in response.

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 10:43 AM

Engine one and Truck one can handle cancel engine two..

COMMENT 350891 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 10:56 AM

This has been a weekly occurrence. Good thing I don't shop at Nordstroms.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 11:53 AM

Me neither..

COMMENT 350911 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 11:54 AM

Nordstrom.

COMMENT 350914 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 12:03 PM

Isn't that a couple in just a short time?? You would think they make enough money to have the elevator fixed properly.

COMMENT 350926 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 12:29 PM

Maybe Paseo Neuvo needs to hire a better elevator maintenance contractor. Their escalators are also notorious for being out of service.

COMMENT 350932 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 12:38 PM

Yet another reason to be healthy and take the stairs.

COMMENT 350940 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 12:53 PM

There are many people that are healthy but physically unable to take the stairs.

COMMENT 350944 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 12:56 PM

That elevator at Nordstrom's breaks down 1-2 times a week. Apparently there is no iPhone5 reception in the elevator, but Android phones seem to work just fine from that location.

COMMENT 350972 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 01:42 PM

And there are more people who are healthy and physically able to take the stairs, who don't, than there are people who can't. I think 932 is trying to say, if you can, you should...

They should have touch screens in the elevators with internet connection so that if sheeple are trapped, they can still continue shopping uninterrupted. Then the crews can work to free them, without the emergency/urgent element.

COMMENT 351013P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 03:09 PM

932: And if you physically CAN'T take the stairs? Don't assume everyone has a choice - many people don't.

COMMENT 351023 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 03:22 PM

932, don't turn this into a healthy people take stairs rant. You do realize that 1) some people can't even walk and 2) people WORK there and they have their offices in the basement, which means the only way to get there is to take the elevator. My goodness, blame even on an article about elevator rescue?

COMMENT 351030P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 03:34 PM

It does seem to be a frequent problem in the past week or so. Do you think that it has been going on for awhile and they have just started calling for help thru the fire Dept? I know it isn't a lapse in Rodger's reporting. I can turn this into a positive in that I shouldn't be shopping in Nordstrom because I might get trapped in the elevators, never mind the fact that I don't have the money to be shopping there anyway!

COMMENT 351207P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 09:59 PM

I need to be sure I go to the bathroom before the next time I visit Nordstrom. Don't want to get stuck in the elevator if I have to go.

COMMENT 351212P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-06 10:57 PM

Yes, probably best to not have that coffee and bran muffin beforehand.

That was actually a lesson I learned firsthand the first week I started using the ICG train to and from work years ago.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-07 08:45 AM

The last Nordstroms elevator stuck story was done by a subscriber..I used to do these all the time but stopped unless I hear theres a fire, or someones hurt, or the elevator is stuck for awhile. I can no longer walk up and down steps unless it's one or two..My knees go out I fall it's very painful. I used to run everywhere up and down steps I was kinda healthy. It was along time ago talking about it and showing others up makes up for other things that are not so good about ourselves..I've only been inside Nordstroms acouple of times after having coffee there once I was really happy I did not take the elevator.

44% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.