Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 54.1°F | Humidity: 51% | Pressure: 30.13in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 0.7mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15903 Subscribers
      666 Paid (4.2%)
     136 Commenters
     82450 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Free Flu Shots
Free Flu Shots

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Traffic Accident
updated: Dec 01, 2012, 10:06 AM

Traffic Accident rollover Southbound 101 near Gavoita Tunnel 3 green tags Fire and Medics on scene.

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 349161P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 10:09 AM

Vehicle on its roof.

All people self extricated.

CalStar requested then canceled.

Ambulance on way in code 2 (non emergency)

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 10:10 AM

There was a major injury traffic accident last night alittle after 8 at Ruefgo where the vehicle ended up near the water line. Someones arm was severed almost off..I didn't get it. Thought for sure Noozhawk or KEYT would have it but neither did. They're scanner guy must have been doing something else last night.

COMMENT 349255 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 01:43 PM

I saw this at 9 am this morning on CHP website. Thought it was strange to see it on CHP website some 12 hours later. The last report was a 144'd? I know 1144 is a fatality but I goggled 144d and could not find anything for this code. Roger maybe you know? Maybe they were doing an investigation and that's why it was on the website for so long. Hope all involved are doing okay!

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 01:57 PM

1144 Is dead but what I saw was 144? Maybe they screwed up..Last night I heard one of the injuries was an almost severed arm.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 02:10 PM

The reason why I did not get it up last night was beccause the locations kept changing. I couldn't figure out where the accident was plus I thought assumed KEYT and Noozhawk would get it up quicker than I but I guess I was wrong.

COMMENT 349275P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 02:56 PM

Roger: thank you for reporting this incident. I hope the accident victims are OK. I saw the helicopter going back and forth above my home in North Goleta. I don't know one agency helicopter from another so first thing I did was check for a report on Edhat to see if they were looking for a burgler and I should go inside, lock the doors, alert the big dog with the bad attitude, and load the shotgun.

COMMENT 349353 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 07:59 PM

My son and I saw the truck go off the freeway and called it into 911. We weren't sure if we saw the truck go off or not. Finally we found debris on the railroad tracks and a cell phone. Once we heard they found the truck I wanted to leave the area. We had been out there in the rain for at least a half hour and I knew there was nothing more we could do. The police got my name and said they would call me for a statement but I haven't heard from them. I called Smitty's today and the lady told me the man was in cottage hospital in critical condition but couldn't tell me anything about the female. Does anyone know how to find out anything else? Thank you

COMMENT 349402P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-02 06:46 AM

We saw the burned out shell of that truck being put on a tow truck Sat. a.m. But what was more interesting were all the surfers out. I don't think I have ever seen so many cars parked along the 101. We looked at the waves and they didn't seem big but the LA news last night reported 15-20 ft. waves. Was the surf really that high? Where is that thread?

COMMENT 349787 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-03 01:45 PM

Going over 100mph in the rain, so fast they flew all the way down to the beach?

Surprised anyone is still alive after that.

67% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.