Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 48.2°F | Humidity: 91% | Pressure: 29.94in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: West | Wind Speed: 1.6mph [see map]

Free Newsletter

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this
Created In SB

Holiday Parade Video
updated: Dec 01, 2012, 12:00 PM

By Brian Peddicord

Experience the fun of last night's Downtown Santa Barbara Holiday Parade by watching this entertaining video by Brian Peddicord of Created in Santa Barbara.

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

SEEDLADY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 01:47 PM

nice! and who was the drum and pipe band?? Always great to hear and see a Pipe & Drum group doing their thing, even when it's in a straight-line parade route.

My dad was a piper with the Canadian Legion Marching Pipe Band in Santa Clara; hearing a piper always gives me chills and gives me a catch in the throat.

here's David Brewer of Mollie's Revenge--it's dance music but great piping just the same. http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=MmawcOIFtX8

LOURAY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 05:46 PM

Thank you, Seedlady, for the link. Nothing like the pipes to bring a tear but also to set me on my feet a-dancing.

COMMENT 349310 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 06:02 PM

SEEDLADY & LOURAY - Thank you for the comments. It was the Pipe & Drum Corps from the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Department

SHAKEY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-02 02:27 AM

Great little video , I agree with Speedlady , always good to see the pipe and drums , my brother plays bagpipes , his goal was to play with the Black Watch..

RDH agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-02 08:26 AM

Thank you, Brian, for another delightful gift and tribute to our town.

MARJELK agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-02 10:35 AM

I missed the parade, but now I felt I had been there. Everyone looks so beautiful and happy. I'll make an extra effort to go next year.

FLICKA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-02 10:46 AM

Thank you SO much for this video!! Didn't make the parade but got to see my grandson here with the SB High School band. Bravo!!

DRBUD agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-02 12:32 PM

Missed the parade but this was a great! substitute!!
thanks loads!

RESIDENT agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-02 12:32 PM

Christmas Parade, not holiday parade.

Yesterday I heard a priest, that was in the parade, tell of being criticized by someone for wishing people along the route "Merry Christmas." The parade wouldn't even exist except to celebrate Christmas!!!!

What have we done to ourselves that this attitude is now so widespread?????

COMMENT 349762 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-03 01:02 PM

What an awesome summary of a wonderful night! Thank you!!!!!!! And I will like your FB page!

COMMENT 350007 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-04 08:42 AM

SHAKEY - Thank you for the comment :)

RDH - Thank you for your support as always. I really appreciate it.

MARJELK - I am glad you enjoyed it. See you next year!

FLICKA - You are so welcome! Thank you for watching. I graduated SBHS in 2004, Once a Don always a Don!

DRBUD - Thank you for saying that :) You a very welcome.

RESIDENT - :/

762 - Thank you very much, I really appreciate the love. Enjoy my page, you will find tons of awesome videos and pictures all about our beautiful city :)

73% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.