Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 61.0°F | Humidity: 95% | Pressure: 29.81in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15580 Subscribers

Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Car Wash Mishap
updated: Nov 30, 2012, 2:01 PM

By Edhat Subscriber

Educated Carwash Mishap in Bay 11/30/2012 9am

Saw this at 9am this morning. Glad to share.

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 348871 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 02:13 PM

What the....?!

COMMENT 348872 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 02:14 PM

Holy sh*t that sucks.

COMMENT 348874P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 02:15 PM

871, beat me to it. WT.? Indeed

COMMENT 348881 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 02:20 PM

Not very educated to get your car washed in this weather.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 03:27 PM

I heard that when I was out and about woman was trapped in the vehicle she couldn't get out. I couldn't figure out which car wash it was thanks for the picture and uncovering the story.

COMMENT 348936 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 03:30 PM

If undocumented workers found no U.S. employers, they wouldn't come here, or if they did, they wouldn't stay for long.

If there are undocumented workers at Educated Car Wash, they fill a need, and they support other Americans trying to earn a living in the same business.

Not to mention providing a service like washing my car, which I don't like doing myself.

As Rodney King said "can't we all just get along?"

COMMENT 348940 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 03:31 PM

Wow, a lot of angry guilty sounding people here with illegally hired housecleaners, gardeners, etc.

COMMENT 348941P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 03:32 PM

Whoops! First off why get a car washed when we have been told we are having the second of three storm systems bearing down on us, and by the way it is predicted to be one of the worst in years, who was driving, and how did they out?

COMMENT 348942 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 03:34 PM

Forget the undocumented workers for once...jeez!

How about what the heck happened to this car?! Did the wheel snap off or what? Super bummer for the owner!

AQUAHOLIC agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 03:35 PM

I always tip those guys well, they work their arses off.

COMMENT 348976P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 04:34 PM

What a great way to show that they are closed!

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 04:38 PM

I use to work in a car wash Actually worked two one in Munster Indiana where the vehicle owners would not allow the scum of the earth workers(us) to physically touch their precious cars they were afraid that our disease might rub off on them. The other was on the State line bodering Calumet City from Hammond. It was filled with junkies, hookers, alcoholics, other life forms of scabs..I liked working there better with my own kind. No illegals from Mexico worked there then we had a polish guy working there he didn't know what a shovel was. They are still my people. I miss the people that helped raise me most of them poor as dirt with hearts of gold. I must be undocumented too then.

COMMENT 348996P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 05:27 PM

I love Educated Car Wash. I don't go there but I do go to Jack in the Box next door. I always sit and watch the demographics. All white middle/upper class people sitting there as these 'brown' people work their butts off cleaning the cars. It reminds me so much of the T. C. Boyle book Tortilla Curtain. Ca. is a special place and Educated is California in a nutshell. For better or worse, we are all in this together. Please give good tips to those guys. It's xmas.

COMMENT 349020P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 06:41 PM

I would love to tip more, but can anyone guarantee that they all get the money? You've got the ones in front, the ones in the middle and the ones at the end. They all are very ambitious and each deserves a cut of the gratuities, but how can I be sure? I imagine that both the vehicle and the car wash were damaged by this incident, no matter what the cause. Start thinking insurance and maybe some down time.

COMMENT 349039P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-30 08:03 PM

LOL!! Don't we all know where this thread is going or would go just by looking at the article heading?!

COMMENT 349126P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 08:42 AM

Maybe they got the car done because they INSIDE is dirty and they wanted it cleaned? Plus, the gas there is usually less than most gas stations in town... just a thought. Also, I am a paycheck to paycheck person but once in a while I treat myself to a carwash at Educated because they do a really good job! I don't know if they are here legally or not but they are hard working, polite and for the most part they are really thorough. PLUS if they live here than the majority of their money goes back into our local economy and therefore it strengthens our local economy. Perhaps if you folks weren't so focused on our brown skin residents and whether or not they are legal then our economy would be stronger...

COMMENT 349143P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 09:18 AM

always a good idea to get road tar, ocean salt, and mud off the skirts and panels asap. Even if it does rain soon. The cleaner you keep the finish, the longer the finish lasts. Sometimes I wash my car in the (light) rain if it's not too cold.

BONNER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 10:13 AM

I don't know what was deleted, and I don't want to read them, but I want to thank the Nanny board for doing so. It's so much easier to read the real information and get something out of the thread than try to filter through the snarky comments. Thank you, thank you from a subscriber.

COMMENT 349302 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 05:17 PM

I still can't figure out how this happened? No one would be allowed to stay in their car, so that can't be part of it.

COMMENT 349390P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-02 02:29 AM

Well, the news press just ran the story today and they said that there was an older woman trapped in the car after her front left wheel got stuck in the mechanism. Why she was still in the truck is unknown unless she was dragged almost all the way thru the wash area tunnel. They used practically the same picture that was used in this post.

BASENJI MOM agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-03 10:10 AM

That's a bummer about that car!!!
I go to this car wash and I am very pleased with it.
I don't do self drive-through car washes anymore though. I got myself stuck in one and smashed that thingy that moves over the car to wash it (oooops! yes I am a woman driver:-)

67% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

*** 9 comments were deleted from this thread by the Edhat Board Nanny for violating Edhat Comments Board policy. Click Here to see them.

Comments on this thread are only open to Community Members.

# # # #