Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 86.5°F | Humidity: 47% | Pressure: 29.79in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SE | Wind Speed: 3.1mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15570 Subscribers

Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

A Farmer's View
updated: Nov 09, 2012, 2:58 PM

By Edhat Subscriber

Aaah, a farmer's life!

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 341142 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-09 06:14 PM

Great view. Where are the farmer or the farm? Thanks.

COMMENT 341169 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-09 08:32 PM

Reminds me of a recent trip to Maui. Stopped at the juice stand on the road to Hana, and the farmer there had a view like this, albeit a bit more tropical. Not a bad way to live...

COMMENT 341186P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-09 11:31 PM

EITS - It's a pot plot, if you look closely at the leaves silhouetted against the ocean. Now, from the relative angles of the oil rigs and the island peaks, maybe some clever law enforcer could triangulate on the location and give the OP some quality time in the slammer.

COMMENT 341188P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-10 12:02 AM

@186: That's funny. When I looked at this "view" and read the "farmer" line, my first thought was, "He's farming pot, I bet."

LALALALA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-10 06:00 AM

What'chya growin' there, Mr. Farmer? Looks kinda herbal to me. I concur, pot.

COMMENT 341226 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-10 07:42 AM

And I thought those were pine trees!

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-10 09:01 AM

Nice Farm...

COMMENT 341267 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-10 09:39 AM

Looks like the standard ocean view from just about anywhere along the coast. I can't see how the pic has anything to do with a farm or farming.... sorry for being dense, or lacking an active imagination.

COMMENT 341343P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-10 12:19 PM

I had a small "farm" of two plants, growing in my backyard, in the early 70s. I told my parents the plants were "Japanese Maple," as the leaves look so similar (not that the 'rents would have known the difference, right?).

One of my mother's smarty-pants friends, a renaissance-type lady who knew everything about canning and growing veggies and you name it, said to my parents, "You do realize that's marijuana you have growing in your backyard?"

SO busted!

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-10 12:35 PM

I'm enjoying a bowl of the fresh harvest tonight at the 4 and 20 hour...

COMMENT 341576P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-11 05:55 AM

pot? looks like l to r: pine, toyon and live oak

64% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.