Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 65.5°F | Humidity: 92% | Pressure: 29.94in (Rising) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 3.1mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise

15435 Subscribers
      697 Paid (4.5%)
     2 Commenters
     20948 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Sequoia
updated: Nov 08, 2012, 3:57 PM

By RdH

I took a quick trip to Sequoia National Park to explore whatever fall colors still remained. I did not find any large stands or groves of deciduous trees but here and there individual trees were still in bright, vibrant colors. And I had a close encounter with a small, cuddly Brown Bear. The river images are of the Kaweah River, not much flow this time of the year.

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 340715 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-08 04:19 PM

Despite its color that is a Black Bear. There are no Brown Bears (Grizzlies) in California any longer.

COMMENT 340723 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-08 04:28 PM

Awww. The bear looks so fluffy. I want to cuddle it! I'm sure it'd turn out fine.

COMMENT 340724 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-08 04:29 PM

Wow, what a great shot of a bear. Looks hot, like he/she is trying to fit into that small bit of shade. I didn't know they were so fluffy, either-- I thought being outside all the time they'd have little knots and tangles all through their fur.

SBSURFERLIFE agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-08 04:35 PM

haha @ 723

COMMENT 340801 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-08 08:15 PM

Never get in between a mother bear and its cub.
That is when they get very protective, other than that they are not that aggressive.
I speak from experience. I have encountered many black bear in my time.
I love bear!

SEEDLADY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-08 10:10 PM

Cuddly till you watch them tear your pack apart... Lovely in 3 Rivers, thanks for the shots. Were the dogwoods still in color up in the park?

BULLSEYEB agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-08 10:56 PM

Looks like Yogi has his winter coat on!

I love the second to the last picture! Heck, they are all great shots!

Thanks for sharing!

RDH agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-09 08:45 AM

Thank you for the corrections on the proper name of this bear--I actually saw a second one shortly after deep in the woods and it was very black.

COMMENT 340932 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-09 09:24 AM

Sequoia and Kings Canyon - both favorite places in Central California! We really have it all, don't we, from the sea to the Sierra!

COMMENT 340975 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-09 10:35 AM

PLEASE be careful when around baby bears. You can be attacked in seconds and in a stealth mode, before you even realize what is happening. ~ Wonderful share. Thanks!

40% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.