Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 78.4°F | Humidity: 63% | Pressure: 29.82in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 4.5mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15682 Subscribers
      688 Paid (4.4%)
     111 Commenters
     61442 Page Views

Wine Tasting and Yacht Tours
Wine Tasting and Yacht Tours

Bike MS
Bike MS

The Winehound
The Winehound

Drama Dogs (Sept 26-Oct 5)
Drama Dogs (Sept 26-Oct 5)

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

House from the Past
updated: Nov 07, 2012, 3:12 PM

By Edhat Subscriber

I have a request for historians. As a child I lived in a beautiful old house at the north west corner of Bath and Haley (since replaced Alta Ortopaedics). Does anyone have a picture of it? I would love to see it again

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

TWO ABBYS agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-07 07:11 PM

Have you tried a Google image search? I had a photo from my dad of the lovely old house his grandmother had grown up in in Connecticut. I knew the name of the town, as well as the fact that the house has a beautiful Palladian window over the front door. It took less than 5 minutes on Google images to find a photo which showed the house and provided the address.

COMMENT 340406P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-07 08:24 PM

Does Google search show houses that are no longer there? Did you read the post?

COMMENT 340467P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-08 07:47 AM

406P, how old are you? I think you underestimate the internet. Google Maps is not the same as Google Images. Did you read the post?

COMMENT 340468P agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-08 07:49 AM

OP, just thought of something - you could try to contact Alta Orthopaedics and find out what contractor built it. They may have "before" pictures they wouldn't mind giving you. Heck, depending on the owner, someone at Alta may even have before pictures! It's a stretch but worth a shot.

COMMENT 340511 agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-08 09:12 AM

I've been told that you can search the archives of the SB Historical Museum. I've been meaning to get over there to look for a historical shot of my current house. After too many remodels (remuddles), I'd like to see how the property and house originally looked.

80% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.