They're still working on it. The leak isn't within in a housing unit per a maintenance worker on site.
Here's the e-mail that I received:
This email is being sent to the campus community as a timely warning regarding an incident that occurred in the Storke Family Housing complex. Please be advised that this morning 10-09-2012, at around 1055 hours, there was a report of a break in a natural gas line south of the complex. County Fire, the gas company, Physical Facilities, and UCPD officers are all still on location. County Fire is requesting that all residents of the nearby community confine themselves indoors with their doors and windows closed. County Fire also advises that anyone experiencing dizziness or nausea to leave the area.
Due to the break in the gas line and to the impending repairs, residents in the area can expect a disruption of services. This department will give further updates as events warrant.
Sent by Police Dispatch to All users (e-mail accounts, Wireless Devices) through UCSB Alert