Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 85.5°F | Humidity: 46% | Pressure: 29.93in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SE | Wind Speed: 2.2mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15820 Subscribers

- 12/04/12

DELETED COMMENTS
Note: all deleted comments are shown with a 2 hour delay

COMMENT 350321 helpful negative off topic

Goleta Storm Surf

2012-12-04 07:44 PM

As I said in my first post, these are excellent photos, really great photos. Tom, sorry we are hijacking your thread.

I don't care if 185P is deleted or not, your comment is still one click away. My problem with your comment is you are bringing to this thread something you should tell me face to face. Or in this case handle to handle. A number is nonsense, and this is the only site I've ever seen that allows it.

I mentioned Gandhi because at this time last night I was sickened by the comments re: the family with foster kids. All these people wanted was a trip to Disneyland. And one after another comments bashed them.

So last night I went to Netflix and watched the movie "Gandhi." I have not see it in at least 25 years. It was great, but clearly, I'm not him, and that's my problem.

COMMENT 350277P helpful negative off topic

Goleta Storm Surf

2012-12-04 06:15 PM

185P here. I'm guessing that's a rather sad attempt at humor of some sort and, your reply to my previously deleted comment is also a violation of the comments policy. What _I_ would say, though, is it's a very odd coincidence that your reply was posted only a few minutes after I emailed "Ed" asking why my comment had been removed. Very curious indeed.

COMMENT 350265 helpful negative off topic

Goleta Storm Surf

2012-12-04 05:52 PM

185P, what would Gandhi say?

COMMENT 350260 helpful negative off topic

Injury Traffic Accident

2012-12-04 05:41 PM

The car had an Obama sticker on the deck lid. Looked like it was falling off the fiscal cliff. Seriously, I did see it as I drove by.

COMMENT 350251P helpful negative off topic

Organization that Supports Families

2012-12-04 05:06 PM

oh, owie! Others are so mean, but not Sweet D.

In the time I've read this site, there's you right there, eye jabbing, parsing, trying to stick it to people that you don't agree with, name-calling, submitting comments intended to change the direction of conversation because you don't like how it's headed, or, if all else fails, writing that you're so "amused" and you're just interjecting a little levity for us all. Please. You should see the picture you paint of yourself. It's sad.

And, usually, calls for identifying online comments is from those with skin in the game. Such as indexing. Because, you're pretty vocal about it. I only wonder why. It should have no bearing on you, whatsoever.

Thanks for letting me know your knickers are in a twist.

COMMENT 350208 helpful negative off topic

Private Grade School

2012-12-04 03:15 PM

OMG

COMMENT 350204 helpful negative off topic

Private Grade School

2012-12-04 03:05 PM

Keep your child in public school if you want it to learn spanish.

COMMENT 350198 helpful negative off topic

Goleta Storm Surf

2012-12-04 02:47 PM

185... I think I missed something in the translation. Where is the scolding and criticizing?

COMMENT 350185P helpful negative off topic

Goleta Storm Surf

2012-12-04 02:32 PM

You really need to drop the all-too-frequent frequent scolding on this. Yes, most of us don't use our "real" names for valid and fairly obvious reasons and many of us don't use the handles all the time. In my case with regard to the latter, quite a few people figured out who I am. That's basically fine, I don't post anything terrible, am not one of the snarky/jokey people, but I prefer to keep various aspects of my life, my work etc. separate and, yes, anonymous. You make your choices, I, and others, make ours. If you need to pat yourself on the back for being "open" and "honest" about your _real_ identity, go ahead, that's your prerogative, but stop criticizing others who don't share your view on this.

COMMENT 350169 helpful negative off topic

Federal prosecutors charged two Mex...

2012-12-04 01:59 PM

163 - You're just stupid. Try smoking pot it might make you smarter.

COMMENT 350163 helpful negative off topic

Federal prosecutors charged two Mex...

2012-12-04 01:37 PM

350147 - Your argument is so stupid...do you even listen to yourself?

You are never going to get all pedophiles to stop going after kids, so we should legalize that?

You are never going to get all people to stop rolling through stop signs, so we should legalize that?

You are never going to get all people to stop shooting heroin, so we should legalize that?

COMMENT 350152 helpful negative off topic

Federal prosecutors charged two Mex...

2012-12-04 01:24 PM

Its not pot thats the problem. Its the stupid wets. And these ones will be refried.

COMMENT 350142 helpful negative off topic

Search for SBHS Student

2012-12-04 01:06 PM

105P - I prefer "short yellow bus rider"

COMMENT 350134 helpful negative off topic

Multi Vehicle Accident

2012-12-04 12:55 PM

111, that would be interesting... if it weren't so completely uninteresting.

I'll probably be nanny'd for saying so, but that will make my comment that much MORE interesting than yours, even if it gets perma-deleted, and can only be found interesting by me alone in retrospect. Now that's interesting, don't you think?

Slow down, everyone!

COMMENT 350045 helpful negative off topic

Organization that Supports Families

2012-12-04 09:36 AM

I hope they at least wave to the kids who have nothing as they drive to Disney in their Escalade.

COMMENT 350015 helpful negative off topic

Organization that Supports Families

2012-12-04 08:57 AM

I just searched on IndieGoGo to contribute and can find no evidence that the OP has taken the time to do this! C'MON MAN! Get it together. If you're serious about helping these people reach this goal let those of us who feel the same as you contribute. You're capable! You made it to EdHat! C'mon!

COMMENT 350012 helpful negative off topic

Organization that Supports Families

2012-12-04 08:54 AM

Assuming this family has a digital cable package, how about they cut the cord for a year, that would save them the $1,000. Just an option.

COMMENT 350009 helpful negative off topic

Organization that Supports Families

2012-12-04 08:46 AM

@EARO65 You clearly have never looked outside of the SB Bubble. I have. Go visit inner LA and ask some kids if they would like to go to the beach, the zoo, or any other venue SB has to offer. Further, the OP states one of the "kids" needs an adult pass. C'mon folks. In and Out is hiring. Put the "adult" to work for a month, there is $1000 bucks, go blow it at Disneyland unsubsidized.

COMMENT 349993 helpful negative off topic

Organization that Supports Families

2012-12-04 07:59 AM

Again, set up an IndieGoGo and post the link or the name of the fund. Those who would like can donate. Those who do not wish to, can ignore. Simple. If the goal is not met the money is returned.... Do it.

I really think this thread is emblematic of everything wrong with both EdHat and Santa Barbara. Some seriously messed up people posting here... The poster who thinks that CPS needs to be called needs to be hauled out to sea in a panga boat...

COMMENT 349989 helpful negative off topic

Organization that Supports Families

2012-12-04 07:34 AM

This sounds too much like a "xmas-pull-the-heart-strings" scam to me. You'll get nothing from me. Merry Xmas.

COMMENT 349988 helpful negative off topic

Organization that Supports Families

2012-12-04 07:34 AM

Too funny! Disneyland? Really?? There's an awful lot of kids that would think just coming to SB for a day would be just like a trip to Disney. This is over-the-top. We need a "Best of Edhat".

COMMENT 349983 helpful negative off topic

Blackhawk Helicopter

2012-12-04 07:00 AM

866 Great story after your a bong hit,your 5150 check is due to arrive on the first.

COMMENT 349981 helpful negative off topic

Blackhawk Helicopter

2012-12-04 06:52 AM

The news of the capture yesterday 20 miles north of the US/Mexico border was released by US attorneys and reported by nbcnews dot com.

NOTE: Please upgrade your account to post a web link.

COMMENT 349968 helpful negative off topic

Organization that Supports Families

2012-12-04 06:19 AM

If this family is so poor that they cannot scrape together $1000 to take a yearly vacation then they have no business (or right) to have so many foster kids.

You want to go to Disneyland and be able to afford it? Then make a drop off at the foster kids shoppe on your way down there.

read complete comment thread

13% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

QUESTION ABOUT A COMMENT?

See a comment that you think should be deleted?? See a comment that was deleted, that you think shouldn't have been? Email ed@edhat.com. Thanks!

# # # #