Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 84.5°F | Humidity: 51% | Pressure: 29.91in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SSW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise

15435 Subscribers
      698 Paid (4.5%)
     130 Commenters
     83700 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

All Local News
- 07/30/14

previous day | next day

Most recent Comments first | (reverse order)

COMMENT 540799 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 04:14 PM

Where are the "they were here first" comments like we get about co-existing with coyotes? I object to having land taken off tax rolls. Other than that, exploiting idiots who did poorly in math is a time-honored tradition in America.

COMMENT 540798P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 04:12 PM

old news, publicized nationally starting 7/21.

Hazmat Clean-Up

2014-07-30 04:10 PM

I think a medic call around that time but heard nothing because city channel is jumpin with drunk calls..

COMMENT 540796 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 04:10 PM

Sonoma for bike riding, river floating, and drinking pints of the coveted Pliny the Elder craft beer.

COMMENT 540795P helpful negative off topic

iPhone Glass Replacement

2014-07-30 04:09 PM

they're new, I haven't used them, but you can't beat the name!
Across from trader joe's on upper de la vina

COMMENT 540793 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 03:52 PM

Headed to Michigan! (Not on purpose. I actually forgot it was Fiesta until just recently.)

COMMENT 540791 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 03:48 PM

The American Way is now the Native American Way!!!

COMMENT 540790 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 03:46 PM

Wait...! I have to lug gallons of shower water to my yard if I want flowers and now someone has the gall to Ok filling up a rooftop pool with 200+ rooms below?!?!? I am beyond disgusted.

COMMENT 540788 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 03:31 PM

786, I agree with everything you said, but a stratosphere sounds fun!

COMMENT 540787 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 03:26 PM

It's as simple as STOP gambling cause your not going to win anyway and if you stop giving them money they won't be able to build. Duh

COMMENT 540786 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 03:24 PM

This is a terrible idea for an agricultural area. My brother lives in Las Vegas, which at one time was small and had some problems with crime, but nothing like it is now. Large casinos bring in crime, addiction, drunk driving and increase the portion of the taxes of the local population spent for policing and all of the infrastructure associated with rampant development. Local politicians tend to get influenced by the money and corruption becomes common. Just look at Morongo Valley or any of the casinos that have grown and expanded. Ugly, wasteful and degrading of the environment. What's next? The Stratosphere?

COMMENT 540784P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 03:21 PM

Chumash, Inc., is like every other avaricious developer, except they've got the guilt card in their hand. This exploitative business masquerading as a reconstituted tribe will build as big as it can, regardless of what's good for the neighbors or the valley - the land and water they pretend to respect.

COMMENT 540785 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 03:21 PM

If you can't win by any other means, rig the system in your favor! Latinos have ZERO excuses for not fielding candidates that can win. The population here IS almost half Latino, so where are the candidates? There aren't any. The last thing I would want is a Councilperson who is only there because of their race. Race is irrelevant in representing the public because the public aren't all one race in ANY district.

The Councilperson in a District will still have to represent all the people there, not just Latinos. This lawsuit is race-based and a crybaby tactic. Like I said if you can't win in this town of almost 50% Latino, as a Latino candidate, then you suck and stay out of politics. If these racists lose will they put up the money to reimburse the taxpayers? No. it's take, take, take and avoid the HARD WORK to field a decent candidate. Whimps and whiners generally don't win elections.

COMMENT 540783P helpful negative off topic

New Cafe Set to Open

2014-07-30 03:09 PM

@769: Woody's always wins because it's all there is. Their food is nothing but meat slathered with mediocre BBQ sauce. The place in Santa Claus is no better. We are totally without a decent BBQ place.

read complete comment thread

MESARATS helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 03:08 PM

If they annex they can do anything they want. No rules. No regulations and no taxes

REX OF SB helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 03:05 PM

On Parade Friday I may watch a DVR'd Judge Judy marathon whilst sipping a margarita, a mile away from the cascarones and screeching Fiestarinos. When I run out of Judge Judys, I'll switch to watching Family Guy episodes for at least the dozenth time.

Judge Judy, Family Guy and margaritas. How could Fiesta get any better?

COMMENT 540780P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 03:04 PM

The nature of businesses is to expand; it's not my belief necessarily, but others have told me this.

COMMENT 540779P helpful negative off topic

61 DUI Arrests in July 2014

2014-07-30 03:00 PM

Ditto:

"3 cheers to the citizens who pursued hit and run drivers as they attempted to flee the scene of the crash.

And another 3 cheers to those who collect information, like make/model and license plate, that leads to the arrest of drunk drivers who've fled the scene."

And thank you SB Police Department ! ! !

EDHATBARBARA helpful negative off topic

Enforcement Against Water Theft

2014-07-30 02:57 PM

Re: getting rid of ants, see: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Ants-Naturally

EDHATBARBARA helpful negative off topic

Ant Problems

2014-07-30 02:57 PM

COMMENT 540776 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:56 PM

This is why people are fighting the Chumash annexation of more land. Once they have the power they ignore their neighbors and build, build, build.

COMMENT 540775 helpful negative off topic

PetSafe Licensing Clinic in Goleta

2014-07-30 02:56 PM

REX is right on!

Will one be able to get a Santa Barbara City dog license at this clinic? And will the vet also issue a prescription for Comfortis?

COMMENT 540773 helpful negative off topic

Hazmat Clean-Up

2014-07-30 02:54 PM

What happened on montecito area? I heard many ambulance going thtat way.

COMMENT 540774 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:54 PM

I went to a winery a few weeks ago with some friends who are the same as age I am, and the bartender asked for ID from all my friends but not me. I felt bad since I think I actually look younger than most of my friends. After it quieted down in there the bartender came over and said "Hey don't you remember me from highschool? We played football together." Didn't feel so bad after that.

COMMENT 540770 helpful negative off topic

New Cafe Set to Open

2014-07-30 02:50 PM

And there are even others of us still who don't love meat and also don't have eating disorders. Excited for a new healthy, vegetarian place downtown. Eureka is a few doors down for those who would like a hamburger.

COMMENT 540771 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:50 PM

759 - Even funnier is that the military will send troops to countries where the drinking age is much lower or non-existent.

COMMENT 540769 helpful negative off topic

New Cafe Set to Open

2014-07-30 02:48 PM

I saw in the newspress today that Woody's won for best BBQ in SB. I think Woody's is horrible. Have y'all tried the place on Santa Claus Lane? It's called The Bar B Que Company, or something like that. Its actually pretty darn good!

COMMENT 540768 helpful negative off topic

2014 RS Feva World Championships

2014-07-30 02:45 PM

Good luck to these two boys! What a great experience!

REX OF SB helpful negative off topic

New Cafe Set to Open

2014-07-30 02:45 PM

Right you are, 762! If God hadn't meant for us to eat meat, he wouldn't have made pigs out of bacon.

COMMENT 540766 helpful negative off topic

New Cafe Set to Open

2014-07-30 02:45 PM

as a celiac myself, i love meat and am not paleo. just want to clarify. it's not a craze. i'd love a barbecue place that doesn't have gluten (wheat) in it's rub/sauce. just want to clarify for those of us who DO love meat and cannot have gluten for medical reasons. thanks.

REX OF SB helpful negative off topic

PetSafe Licensing Clinic in Goleta

2014-07-30 02:43 PM

While I agree in principle with licensing dogs, I do not approve of the way licensing is done in the city of SB. You have to deal with a third-party bureaucracy in Irving, Texas, which can totally screw up even the most basic things. Dealing with the county, however, is a walk in the park. Why the city can't license dogs any more is a mystery, but I guess the city likes outsourcing jobs out-of-state instead of providing employment to locals.

Not that I would ever admit to doing this, you understand, but I understand that SOME city residents actually use addresses of friends or relatives who live within the county but out of the SB city limits to license their dogs Perhaps this isn't 100% legal, but at least the dogs are getting licensed.

Come on, city of SB. Bring back local dog licensing.

read complete comment thread

SMARTYPANTS helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:42 PM

Money...got it?

COMMENT 540762 helpful negative off topic

New Cafe Set to Open

2014-07-30 02:39 PM

Rexie, let me know when ya find one. Meat. It's what's for dinner.

COMMENT 540761 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:37 PM

This isn't news. Like, literally.

COMMENT 540760 helpful negative off topic

Restraining Order Violation

2014-07-30 02:34 PM

Was just out at the animal shelter volunteering saw one of the city guys bring in some animals didn't see what they were.

COMMENT 540759 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:34 PM

Go to war and risk your life, but don't drink alcohol until 21...this country has really funny laws.

REX OF SB helpful negative off topic

New Cafe Set to Open

2014-07-30 02:31 PM

So I guess any thought of a decent barbecue restaurant anywhere on the South Coast is entirely out of the question then.

COMMENT 540756 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:30 PM

Has anyone been up there lately? It's already a hideous monstrosity that in no way fits in with the character, history, geography or culture of the area. What's the issue, they are not making as much money as they could? It never seems overcrowded or sold out to me. More ugliness, that's all this will mean. More reason to avoid the area.

COMMENT 540757 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:30 PM

734P: If we had District Elections, the people running for Council would be very different than the candidates we get under our At-Large system. There would be multiple people from your District running, giving you the choice of who would represent your neighborhood best.

If District Elections means people on the Council are fighting for their neighborhoods instead of only funding projects for downtown and Milpas Street, that would be FANTASTIC!!!! I want Councilmembers fighting to fund projects for every neighborhood rather than a Council filled with people who just want to go to the biggest ribbon-cutting ceremony available.

REX OF SB helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:27 PM

There goes the neighborhood! The real Chumash of decades ago are probably turning in their graves over the atrocities their much diluted progeny are creating in the Santa Ynez Valley.

COMMENT 540754P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:27 PM

With what water?????? Jeez. We're in a severe drought. I guess $$ is blind.... even to the blatantly obvious.

COMMENT 540753 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:25 PM

I don't have a problem with minors drinking (21yr age limit is another dumb thing the US has done). However, glad to see bars getting cited, I don't want a bunch of drunk teenagers drinking in my bar.

COMMENT 540752 helpful negative off topic

Favorite SB Floral Fragrance

2014-07-30 02:22 PM

Sorry-jasmine gives me migranes-my husband also. Eucalyptus smells like cat pee. Orange and lemon blossoms are great.

Hazmat Clean-Up

2014-07-30 02:14 PM

A brush fire started but was put out Hazmat and Fire responded I heard at leaswt 2 subjects had burns one sounded like first degree burns on their arms..Not sure what the whole story is heard very little on the scanner pulled the rest off the CHP Traffic incident report.

COMMENT 540750P helpful negative off topic

New Cafe Set to Open

2014-07-30 02:13 PM

Right, 736! I read somewhere that (I think) that only 1% of the population has celiac disease. I've begun to suspect that a lot of people who follow this craze are simply trying to mask an eating disorder.

read complete comment thread

JAZZEE helpful negative off topic

Pequeña Rehearsal Photos

2014-07-30 02:07 PM

Love the straight-down shots on the girls and twirling dresses. Hope to see more of these.

COMMENT 540748P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:06 PM

Colorado

COMMENT 540747P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:05 PM

741 - Have you noticed a problem at Fig Mountain? Most of the times I've gone, they have had guys at the door checking ID, and when I went last weekend with a friend who went up to the counter to get beer for all of us the bartender required that multiple people present IDs before they would give us the beer.

COMMENT 540746 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:04 PM

Leaving for Hawaii Friday!

COMMENT 540745P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:02 PM

re: 739 -- I'd rather they changed the killing age.

read complete comment thread

PATRICK helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 02:01 PM

Isn't there a bar called Four Bar or something like that? That's what I was expecting when I clicked on this story.

COMMENT 540742 helpful negative off topic

Convicted Murderer Sues for Alleged...

2014-07-30 01:58 PM

523 You are a thinking human being. Congratulations.

COMMENT 540743P helpful negative off topic

Board of Supervisors Approve Measur...

2014-07-30 01:58 PM

Go Solar City and Tesla! Someone has the guts to change.

COMMENT 540741 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:54 PM

Maybe they should test out Figueroa Brewery next.

COMMENT 540740 helpful negative off topic

Board of Supervisors Approve Measur...

2014-07-30 01:50 PM

I have worked in the oil industry for 30 years. First, there is not that much oil production in this immediate area and there hasn't been for a long time. Second, if you have installed oil extraction equipment, you must maintain it or things can get very bad very quickly (or slowly which is usually worse). This country is dependant on oil - plain and simple. That is not going to change in my lifetime. Maligning the oil industry is not going to change that either. If it makes you feel better - this area is a very, very minor player in the oil extraction world - y'all just have more time on your hands than any other place I have ever seen.

COMMENT 540739 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:49 PM

So lame!!!!

So we give 18 year old kids guns and tell them to go kill people, but they can not drink? We need to change the drinking age.

COMMENT 540738 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:48 PM

I don't even get carded anymore when I ask for my senior discount!

Scanner Reports 7-30-14

2014-07-30 01:47 PM

Cool Shakey...Lead talk at the AA meeting I used to do that years ago..Never forget the time they could not find a speaker so they asked me I didn't have enough time to go into the bathroom to see if I was presentable enough. While I was at the podium speaking I felt something running out of my nose I put my finger up to block it. I was standing there talking for about 15-20 minutes with my finger under my nose I figured everthing was ok and pulled my finger away it was attached to the longest, slimest, grossest, looking booger I have ever seen in my life..There was no hiding it the room was hushed you could hear a pin drop the booger wrapped itself around my finger...Icky wicky I was so grossed out OMD!!! Everyone started laughing they was laughing at me all those people I had this nasty, sticky, slimmey grey booger stuck to my finger. I held my hand up and jerked it the booger started unrapping itself it let go and flew high up in the air toward some AA Members who tried to get out of the way but....Who nose where it landed to this day it has never been found everyone within a 15 foot radius were jumping up running and falling on each other to get out of the way it was tragic..I never spoke at an AA Meeting again.

COMMENT 540736 helpful negative off topic

New Cafe Set to Open

2014-07-30 01:46 PM

$11 for a bottle of their salad dressing. eeek. Can't wait for the gluten free/paleo craze to fade.

COMMENT 540735 helpful negative off topic

New Cafe Set to Open

2014-07-30 01:41 PM

I'll take one of everything!!!

COMMENT 540734P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:40 PM

718: That's understandable but I want the system to remain At Large so that I have a choice more than once every four years for a councilperson. Judging by the ones from my general neighborhood who ran last time, I wouldn't - and didn't vote for any of them. Murillo on the westside made more sense.

As for funding local neighborhoods, I keep in mind that the monies are generated city-wide and should be spent city-wide, as I think they are. District elections will mean less choice and a greater likelihood of councilmembers fighting with each other for spoils, as happened when the City did have district elections.

However, it won't matter what we want if this lawsuit prevails. Some will be happy; some won't; and city opinions won't matter at all.

COMMENT 540733P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:38 PM

Being new you'd think Benchmark would be up to speed on compliance, but maybe being so new is their problem and more training with tighter bar management is needed.

COMMENT 540731 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:35 PM

They get fines. The bartender and the business. Three fines in a 6 month period and you get shutdown for two weeks.

SBHOPE helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:35 PM

I suspect the Benchmark may have gotten caught up in this since they are so new and as a result have so many new employees to train.

I really like the Benchmark and would like to help ensure they stay around for a long while so I'll keep going for now unless they continue to have problems.

COMMENT 540732 helpful negative off topic

CHP Seek Public Safety Communicatio...

2014-07-30 01:35 PM

Much respect to Ventura and SLO CHP Dispatch Centers for their hard work and professionalism - it is not an easy job but they do it well. They field some very hard calls and are instrumental to their co-workers and the public.

COMMENT 540729P helpful negative off topic

PetSafe Licensing Clinic in Goleta

2014-07-30 01:31 PM

How much does it cost to license?

2014-07-30 01:30 PM

I wonder if they would serve me I'm 5150..

Restraining Order Violation

2014-07-30 01:29 PM

Sounds like the animals were transported to the animal shelter..They never mentioned where the woman got the animals Roger would like to know..

COMMENT 540726 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:29 PM

All I know is that I would hug the server if they asked me for my ID - but I have a feeling that isn't going to happen.....anywhere :)

COMMENT 540725 helpful negative off topic

La Fiesta Pequeña Seating

2014-07-30 01:24 PM

Pro Locals Tip (for next year): Go the night before (last night) for the rehearsal. Way more fun, plenty of people, but not insane crowds,. wayyy better and you still get the same show.

COMMENT 540724 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:23 PM

We may head out to Ventura for the day on Saturday.

COMMENT 540723 helpful negative off topic

PetSafe Licensing Clinic in Goleta

2014-07-30 01:21 PM

LOL@Getting your dog licensed. Total scam. Vaccines are good though, your vet will hook up with a tag, no tag need to get hornswoggled into the licensing scam.

COMMENT 540722P helpful negative off topic

Favorite SB Floral Fragrance

2014-07-30 01:20 PM

The fragrant hedges are privet (Ligustrum?).

COMMENT 540721 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:17 PM

I for one will do the right thing and spend my money in the businesses who were compliant. The four bars/restaurants receiving the violations are off my list for this year. Can't reward bad behavior.

COMMENT 540719 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:16 PM

Surprised to see Benchmark on that list

COMMENT 540720P helpful negative off topic

Foreigner And Styx

2014-07-30 01:16 PM

World-class stage pictures and all the faces so distinct! Thanks!

COMMENT 540718 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:15 PM

I'm not Latino and I want District Elections.

I want a Councilmember who is beholden to me and my neighborhood, who knows that the sidewalks, streets and parks in my neighborhood need attention, who's not always willing to fund projects in other parts of the City at the expense of my neighborhood.

The way our Council is now, they are able to just ignore whatever problems don't get them any political mileage, ignoring certain neighborhoods, and only funding projects that get lots of publicity and positive PR.

District Elections are better for everyone! (except for the do-nothing Councilmembers who are able to endlessly pass the buck under our current system).

COMMENT 540717 helpful negative off topic

Sun Valley

2014-07-30 01:15 PM

Love the clouds!!

COMMENT 540716P helpful negative off topic

What Bug Is This?

2014-07-30 01:14 PM

681P here. Well OK, I learned something today: I now know what a House Centipede looks like. Silverfish bad, House Centipede good. I think I'll take the rest of the day off!!

SBHOPE helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:13 PM

They appear to still have work to do to fix the ruptured line but they seem to have stopped the leak.

COMMENT 540715 helpful negative off topic

Flagged Lemons

2014-07-30 01:13 PM

The Mosque Is going on the mountain side of the round about

389 affordable? at the expensive of quality of life, so yes enough of crowding Goleta into a #$it hole

COMMENT 540713P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:12 PM

The noise has finally stopped and the Firemen are rolling up their hoses. Thank you Gas Company for not letting our houses blow up.

COMMENT 540712P helpful negative off topic

What Bug Is This?

2014-07-30 01:07 PM

681P: Silverfish are actually silver-colored and much, much smaller. These are House centipedes.

I think I've seen four postings now, on Edhat, in the past 6 months (or less) showing a pic of a House centipede and asking what it is.

They are super cool BENEFICIAL bugs. They EAT silverfish. (They also eat many other bugs, as D8 has written above.)

COMMENT 540710P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:04 PM

Do they just have to pay a fine or to they lose their liquor license for a few weeks?

MTNDRIVER helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:04 PM

Home in the foothills except for a brief excursion to Our Lady of Guadalupe for tamales. Happy to have the town full of tourists, may they spend to their hearts' content.

COMMENT 540709P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:02 PM

We tried to make a reservation for the Central Coast Flyer vintage railcar day trip to SLO from SB but it was sold out.

MTNDRIVER helpful negative off topic

What Bug Is This?

2014-07-30 01:00 PM

House centipede, yes. I don't think they bite people, though, not like some other centipedes. Wish we had some, lots of silverfish--in books, for sure! Especially books that have sat on the shelf for years, unread.

read complete comment thread

GEEZERSGIRL helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:57 PM

Vegas! Leaving one crazy circus for another.

Police Activity at Courthouse

2014-07-30 12:56 PM

Whatever it was they got it calmed down quick..

Restraining Order Violation

2014-07-30 12:55 PM

Unknown if the animals are hers or whos don't know..Also haven't heard what kind of animals.. Poor little boogers.

Restraining Order Violation

2014-07-30 12:54 PM

In the Apartment...Breaks my heart poor animals..Animal Control is also responding..

COMMENT 540703 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:47 PM

Fuel Depot gasoline is definitely not top-tier because they mix gasoline from different sources. The combination (it varies all the time) hasn't passed top-tier testing requirements (e.g. gumming tests) even if it contains a certain percentage of top-tier gasoline.

Regarding the fruit recall, kudos to the grocery stores for getting the word out. Listeria can be dangerous for small children, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems.

D8VANILLA helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:46 PM

Seems like the gas station that you are required to use, cost more. I would rather get an automatic discount at the time of purchasing my groceries.

They may have stopped mailing those cash reward coupons because of theft. They were not locked-in to your rewards card account, so anyone could use them.

COMMENT 540701 helpful negative off topic

La Cumbre Lookout Today

2014-07-30 12:46 PM

I like the picture from 1908

SBSURFERLIFE helpful negative off topic

What Bug Is This?

2014-07-30 12:44 PM

OP- do you care to trade? I'll take a few house centipedes off your hand to take care of my silverfish problem.

read complete comment thread

SHAKEY helpful negative off topic

Scanner Reports 7-30-14

2014-07-30 12:44 PM

Good one Roger, someone out there needed to read this and we'll never see the difference it made. Good !! I'll see you Friday.

COMMENT 540698P helpful negative off topic

Police Activity at Courthouse

2014-07-30 12:43 PM

Hopefully, not another jumper.

D8VANILLA helpful negative off topic

What Bug Is This?

2014-07-30 12:43 PM

I've never seen a Silverfish that looks like that, but I just did a Google search images, and that variety comes up. But, on further search, it definitely is a "House Centipede", know as a Scutigeridae. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

What Silverfish & Centipedes Eat Silverfish like any type of carbohydrates and sugars. That means they'll consume paper -- a silverfish favorite -- natural fibers, wallpaper, crumbs and dried food. House centipedes are bad news for silverfish, as they're known to feed upon these smaller insects. Centipedes inject small amounts of venom into their insect victims and they occasionally bite people. Such bites usually just cause a local reaction of swelling and slight pain. If you see centipedes in your house, especially in large numbers, that means you've got other insects infesting your property. In addition to silverfish, they nosh on spiders, termites, cockroaches, bedbugs and the larvae of carpet beetles.

COMMENT 540696P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:38 PM

Mendocino coast - we leave tomorrow - we always catch La Fiesta Pequeña then split the next day... viva la fiesta!!!

COMMENT 540695 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:37 PM

0689... Pepe Delgado's on Orange, Old Town Goleta.

COMMENT 540694 helpful negative off topic

What Bug Is This?

2014-07-30 12:32 PM

I've seen them in my home. Based on what I've read, House Centipedes prey on Silverfish.

COMMENT 540693 helpful negative off topic

What Bug Is This?

2014-07-30 12:25 PM

It is a House Centipede, not a Silverfish.

COMMENT 540692P helpful negative off topic

What Bug Is This?

2014-07-30 12:19 PM

Looks more like the house centipede that was discussed here a few weeks ago:

COMMENT 540691 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:16 PM

I'v been on EDHat a long time, and this is the first time I have SEEN what's been reported! Lots of activity going on.

COMMENT 540689 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:15 PM

Home.

Although a Mexican meal sounds good so can other Ehatters recommend a fantastic restaurant in the outer reaches of Santa Barbara or Goleta.

COMMENT 540690P helpful negative off topic

What Bug Is This?

2014-07-30 12:15 PM

No, not sure, just a googlererer.

But look at the website I posted:

Sure looks like our little friend!

COMMENT 540688P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:11 PM

Planned to be at Merengue Music Festival in the Dominican Republic without remembering this is Fiesta weekend. Fiesta is fine, though I find Flamenco music intense, sad. Am into lightness these days.

SBSURFERLIFE helpful negative off topic

What Bug Is This?

2014-07-30 12:10 PM

Are you sure? That looks a little different than the silverfish that are crawling all over my house.

COMMENT 540686 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:09 PM

Well said 603.

COMMENT 540685 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:08 PM

Big Bite Bacon Fest in Long Beach!

COMMENT 540684 helpful negative off topic

Pequeña Rehearsal Photos

2014-07-30 12:07 PM

Cool! Lots of smiling kids!

COMMENT 540683 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:06 PM

Anyway, back to the topic of fruit .... Best to buy from any of the farmers markets :)

COMMENT 540682P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 12:02 PM

For the most part staying at home in the Noleta foothills (sort of).

COMMENT 540681P helpful negative off topic

What Bug Is This?

2014-07-30 12:02 PM

It is a Silverfish, or also known as a House Centipede. Silverfish are starch feeders, they damage (eat) paper, fabrics, glues and other organic materials. They may also damage silk and some synthetic fabrics, but they usually avoid woolens.

COMMENT 540680 helpful negative off topic

Goats on TV Hill

2014-07-30 12:00 PM

When asked if they were up for the task, the goats replied, "We'll clear that brush baaaaaaack in no time."

Police Activity at Courthouse

2014-07-30 11:59 AM

All is well now not sure what was going on this is the Figourea side of the courthouse..

COMMENT 540678 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:57 AM

I just stay holed up in my apartment and order food delivery. I can't stand crowds and traffic- it all makes me anxious.

COMMENT 540677 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:55 AM

Jalisco, Mexico

COMMENT 540676 helpful negative off topic

La Cumbre Lookout Today

2014-07-30 11:53 AM

653 that is the same rock pictured in the old postcards. You can see the same steps and holes where the poles were. Definitely not la cumbre peak but it seemed others referred to this as la cumbre lookout. I was the one who rode up there. You can see about 6" of the first railing that still remains in the rock if you go up there. Ton of garbage up there by the way. I carried as much down as I could and still safely ride one handed.

COMMENT 540675 helpful negative off topic

Goats on TV Hill

2014-07-30 11:46 AM

Brush Goats For Hire FTW!

SBHOPE helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:42 AM

They are shutting off the gas to some of the houses in the area so they can more accurately check pressure, etc.

They have not stopped the rupture yet though.

Someone may have a very expensive gas bill as a result of this.

COMMENT 540672 helpful negative off topic

Pequeña Rehearsal Photos

2014-07-30 11:34 AM

Viva la fiesta!

COMMENT 540673 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:34 AM

646 correct. but you still don't have any idea what you are getting. It could be mix of arco and shell or any combination.

COMMENT 540670 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:34 AM

Sadly, I would assume most of that fruit would have been consumed or composted by now!

COMMENT 540671 helpful negative off topic

Favorite SB Floral Fragrance

2014-07-30 11:34 AM

Lemon Eucalyptus. Like around WholeFoods

COMMENT 540669 helpful negative off topic

Goats on TV Hill

2014-07-30 11:31 AM

WHERE ARE WE GETTING THE WATER FOR ALL THESE GOATS?!

*this is a joke*

BULLSEYEB helpful negative off topic

Paseo Nuevo Flamenco

2014-07-30 11:30 AM

Beautiful!

2014-07-30 11:26 AM

It's a back ho I heard the foreman yelling "Get back ho!"

COMMENT 540666 helpful negative off topic

La Cumbre Lookout Today

2014-07-30 11:25 AM

Thanks for the cool pic. Like others have said it was a party spot for us in high school in the 80's. They put up stupid barriers so people just moved across the road and parked a little farther up and kept the tradition going.

COMMENT 540665 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:24 AM

I really dont think the Latino political coalition will stop until illegal immigrants are allowed to vote. This lawsuit is absurd on so many levels... most of which have already been pointed out by other commentators.

But this is the new American way. Dont like the way things worked out, sue everyone in sight. It cant be your fault! What a bunch of whining losers.

COMMENT 540664 helpful negative off topic

Pequeña Rehearsal Photos

2014-07-30 11:21 AM

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

BULLSEYEB helpful negative off topic

Goats on TV Hill

2014-07-30 11:20 AM

Love it! A natural remedy to a needed job. Great thinking!

COMMENT 540663 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:20 AM

Funny how one of the plaintiffs is suing for voting violations when he was so irresponsible when he was working as a voting supervisor at one of the past elections that he explicitly broke protocol. After many failed attempts said plaintiff should just take a hint when he is never even a top contender/runner up.

Also agree that SB may have 38% population, but is that registered voters or just population of SB?

COMMENT 540661P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:18 AM

So, Ralph's food is not fit for consumption. Good to know.

LUCKY 777 helpful negative off topic

61 DUI Arrests in July 2014

2014-07-30 11:17 AM

Name and shame! Let's see ALL the names!

COMMENT 540659 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:16 AM

Roger- love it, I think it's backhoe not "back Ho" but I'd love to see that.

MOUNTAINMAN4865 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:12 AM

How scary!

COMMENT 540657 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:09 AM

655- City water- project was approved a while ago

COMMENT 540656 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:06 AM

I'd get out of the area ASAP if I was there even if the FD says it's OK to stay. Don't want to get San Bruno'd

COMMENT 540655 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 11:06 AM

Where's the water for these new homes coming from?

Birthday Love Signs on DLV

2014-07-30 11:04 AM

They are not party poopers they are" The Love Police" Break out the Bearcat and knock down those poles..!

COMMENT 540653 helpful negative off topic

La Cumbre Lookout Today

2014-07-30 11:03 AM

Great pic, but that is El Roca Grande not the La Cumbre Lookout. You've got a few more miles to go.

COMMENT 540651 helpful negative off topic

Goats on TV Hill

2014-07-30 11:02 AM

That's a lot of goats! Very cool, thanks for sharing.

COMMENT 540652 helpful negative off topic

Diagnostic Nephrologist

2014-07-30 11:02 AM

I suspect you'd want a neurologist or rheumatologist for the treatment of hypertonic muscles. Sometimes rheumatoid arthritis is a factor in hypertonic muscle spasms. Not sure how a kidney specialist relates to the musculoskeletal system or possible arthritis.

COMMENT 540650 helpful negative off topic

Goats on TV Hill

2014-07-30 10:59 AM

those dogs that guard them are cool.

SBHOPE helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 10:57 AM

Fire Department is going door to door to advise people to close all their doors and windows but aren't asking people to leave.

COMMENT 540647 helpful negative off topic

Goats on TV Hill

2014-07-30 10:57 AM

I wonder if you leave them long enough would they eat the whole hillside? leaving just the trees.

COMMENT 540649 helpful negative off topic

La Fiesta Pequeña Seating

2014-07-30 10:57 AM

Thought you weren't supposed to put down blankets and chairs until attending the event ! Wasn't that mentioned yesterday on EH ?

COMMENT 540646 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 10:56 AM

Fuel Depot just buys surplus gas from whoever is selling. A blanket statement saying they don't sell top-tier gas is just incorrect.

COMMENT 540645 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 10:53 AM

I use Ralphs fuel points because it lowers the cost of purchasing "Top Tier" gasoline. Locally available gasoline brands that are Top Tier include 76, Chevron, Mobil, Shell, and Texaco.

Brands like Fuel Depot are not Top Tier. Google "Top Tier gas" to get more info and decide for yourself whether it's worth it to you.

Top Tier is an industry standard set by major automakers (GM, BMW, Honda, Toyota, etc.). Top Tier gasoline has more than the minimum level of EPA-required detergents.

In this town, the brand of Top Tier gas that's often the cheapest is 76. But when you use the Ralphs fuel points, the price of Shell gas comes close. Be a smart consumer and use the Gasbuddy website to search for the best prices.

COMMENT 540644 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 10:52 AM

Listeria warning, nectarines and peaches. I'm guessing the fruit suspected of being contaminated has been removed from stores. Warnings issued last week.

2014-07-30 10:50 AM

400 Block 2 inch line caused by a back Ho near the street so it requires traffic control..

COMMENT 540641 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 10:30 AM

it was for the white nectarines. all of the stores in the area had the same recall.

COMMENT 540640 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 10:30 AM

The Fuel Points are a total waste. Wish they would go back to the cash reward or something else I could actually use.

COMMENT 540639 helpful negative off topic

La Fiesta Pequeña Seating

2014-07-30 10:28 AM

It's an absolute mad-house down there. If you're ok with crowds and zero parking then I'm sure you'll find a space pretty far away.

COMMENT 540638 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 10:27 AM

I learned this the hard way yesterday when I filled up at the Vons station on Fairview. I looked across the street and that station still had a lower price than what I paid for. Lesson learned.

COMMENT 540637P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 10:26 AM

Only recently a friend told me those fuel points are a deduction from a higher gas price, that many stations sell gas for less.

COMMENT 540636 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 10:20 AM

Better use those Fuel Points!!

COMMENT 540635 helpful negative off topic

Chicago Style Pizza Rumors

2014-07-30 10:18 AM

Maybe offer him a slice of pizza.

COMMENT 540634 helpful negative off topic

La Fiesta Pequeña Seating

2014-07-30 10:14 AM

Talk about a loaded question. SB public event public space reservation etiquette is a never-ending topic here.

COMMENT 540633 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 10:13 AM

I live in the area. On my way home yesterday afternoon a little before 4 pm there were blankets laid out already. Apparently there is a little problem with the signage solution.

COMMENT 540632 helpful negative off topic

Favorite SB Floral Fragrance

2014-07-30 10:10 AM

I have five Cecile Brunner climing roses that are heavenly when they are in full bloom March/April/May.

COMMENT 540631 helpful negative off topic

Santa Barbara Voted Best Small City

2014-07-30 10:06 AM

There was a period during the 1950's and 1960's that Santa Barbara sought to attract planning, research and development related companies, often referred to as "smokeless industries". This was a good balance because it created a large middle and upper middle class with relatively high paying jobs. We have always had some tourism due to climate and scenic beauty but it was not something that we had to spend so much money and hoopla on to attract. The problem with tourist dollars, that seem like the golden goose to many in government and in businesses that get wealth from tourism, is that the jobs created are generally low wage and minimum wage jobs for worekers that cannot afford to live here! This creates both the housing shortage and the tremendous transportation, traffic and parking problems that we now suffer daily!

RUDOLF THE RED helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 10:03 AM

Good I'm glad this is happening. Let make election years coincide with national elections too. For better turn out. Sometimes the city does not act until it is boxed into a corner, but then it is too late...

Burning Food on the Stove

2014-07-30 10:02 AM

FOOD ON THE STOVE! When are people going to learn? Units assisting with venalition Roger over and Out for now..

Burning Food on the Stove

2014-07-30 10:01 AM

Lite smoke in the building made entry..

Burning Food on the Stove

2014-07-30 09:58 AM

Have responding units stage on Miradero..

Burning Food on the Stove

2014-07-30 09:58 AM

2 story duplex nothing showing engine 4 on scene..

COMMENT 540625 helpful negative off topic

61 DUI Arrests in July 2014

2014-07-30 09:53 AM

Hip hip hooray y'all.

COMMENT 540624 helpful negative off topic

Birthday Love Signs on DLV

2014-07-30 09:48 AM

What a sweet lovely declaration of love!!! We need MORE of this kind of thing. 365 and 491 are horrible party poopers. Wow. Sad for them, but I hope the happy couple had a terrific birthday celebration! I remember some signs around town a couple of years ago that were oozing with love. You GOTTA love this kind of passion! It should live in all of us.

COMMENT 540623 helpful negative off topic

Styx Stick

2014-07-30 09:46 AM

Super cool! I love it. Hope a kind soul who has the photo will pass it along to you. FUN.

COMMENT 540622 helpful negative off topic

La Fiesta Pequeña Seating

2014-07-30 09:43 AM

Plenty of room on the grass but there is also alot of blankets already put down! And parking good luck with that is not to good!

read complete comment thread

SJLSB helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 09:39 AM

LOL, 619!

COMMENT 540620 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 09:38 AM

I don't live in Santa Barbara, but I do know this: Don't mess with Barry Cappello !!

COMMENT 540618 helpful negative off topic

La Fiesta Pequeña Seating

2014-07-30 09:35 AM

There is always plenty of room on the lawn across from the Mission. Just bring a blanket.

COMMENT 540619 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 09:35 AM

And here I thought I was gonna have to go to the store to buy new beach chairs...

COMMENT 540617 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 09:27 AM

One of the individuals in the suit is just bitter because he lost his race, which was poorly run and inadequately funded. The real problem here is not voting rights. It's campaign finance. When you have to raise $100k to win a seat around here, you have to be darned palatable to the majority of voters, not just the Latino voting block, which actually doesn't even exist. This guy's thinking is that if he could compete in a smaller pool, he could win. That's what this suit is all about for him. For Cappello, suing cities for the voting rights act violations is a new growth industry he's discovered.

COMMENT 540616P helpful negative off topic

Hotter Than Usual?

2014-07-30 09:24 AM

Sen Whitehouse schools climate deniers.

ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Excellent.

COMMENT 540615P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 09:22 AM

To me, the bigger issue (nationwide) is low voter turnout. If more registered voters actually voted there would be better representation. I talk to too many people who see voting as pointless. Our system is imperfect, but we only stand a chance of being a real democracy if we actually use it.

read complete comment thread

RONNIEB helpful negative off topic

Favorite SB Floral Fragrance

2014-07-30 09:19 AM

Lemon blossoms! For awhile while I was a child we lived in Hope Ranch Annex. Across the creek in back of our yard there were miles and miles of lemon orchards. Glorious!

COMMENT 540613 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 09:18 AM

Why do we allow this roping off areas! Where does it end? People had claimed the entire width of chase palm park for the 4th of July. What's to stop someone claiming half the lawn at the mission?
Why can't people do the space holding? Just dumping off all your camping equipment at 6:30am is unsocial.

It happens in a lot of places not just SB but it's also stopped in a lot of places by a simple "human required to reserve space" rule.

COMMENT 540612P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 09:17 AM

Ok, it's 9:17 am Wednesday morning.

There has to be at least one EdHatter near the Mission that can grab a few shots of the now blanket laden area.

COMMENT 540611P helpful negative off topic

Daily Edhat - 07/30/14

2014-07-30 09:13 AM

If they make good music, and people enjoy listening to the music, what does age have to do with it. If they are playing well in an old age home, go for it.

Life has many rules to keep us healthy and safe - banning music players based on age is not one of them. Could not think of a more hideous law.

COMMENT 540610P helpful negative off topic

Chicago Style Pizza Rumors

2014-07-30 09:04 AM

My dear friend, age 67, (a veteran officer who was shot in Vietnam, retired after 20 years as a LT. Colonel) applied for his veterans benefits in January 2014. He received a letter of acknowledgment, but nothing else. He needs this money to survive retirement and needs the medical benefits as well.
What can be done or who can help expedite payment?

BARRELRIDER@59 helpful negative off topic

Daily Edhat - 07/30/14

2014-07-30 09:01 AM

Lot of laws on the books. There should be another to prevent aging over the hill rock stars from doing concerts after they reach a certain age. So pathetic to see those old men up there in such denial.

COMMENT 540608 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 09:01 AM

606- It's like that all over the US, not just here.

COMMENT 540607 helpful negative off topic

Mission Lights Rehearsal

2014-07-30 08:58 AM

Red, white and blue---wait, shouldn't it be red, green and yellow?

COMMENT 540606 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 08:57 AM

This whole roping off areas and claiming territory thing seems uniquely SB to me. Is this common anywhere else? It definitely has a real "mine NOT yours" feel to it. I feel like it should be human bodies that hold space, not a lawn chair or blanket. Is anyone else bothered by this?

COMMENT 540605P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 08:56 AM

Oopps, wrong article, I think this is the one 596 mentioned, sorry....

COMMENT 540604P helpful negative off topic

Fiesta History by Flicka

2014-07-30 08:53 AM

Thanks Yin Yang - definitely have noticed how Flicka chooses the big hearted path. Thanks to Edhat get together some time ago, I met Flicka - good heart, interesting, am glad for her Edhat participation.

COMMENT 540603 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 08:48 AM

I thought we were all supposed to be equal, but apparently Latinos are different than Asians, blacks, South-sea islanders, whites, Native-Americans and "other". Perhaps we need a council person for every possible race, sex, sexual orientation and religion to make sure we are fairly represented. I know - that as a German, English, Irish, recovering Catholic, single male, with not enough money to retire though I'm over 60, homeowner, who is sick of the taxes and waste in government, who walks and bikes, started recycling when I was 16 (years before it was mandatory) and has cut back 30% on water - that no one on the council represents me. Where is Mr. Capello when I need him?!!!

MTNDRIVER helpful negative off topic

Favorite SB Floral Fragrance

2014-07-30 08:45 AM

Tuberose and plumeria aren't the same plant. Tuberose grows from a bulb, is a perennial small plant, many small waxy flowers along a tall stem. The fragrance is similar, but not identical. They're often available in season at the farmers' markets, and sometimes there are bulbs for sale at the markets, too.
Here's a link to more info:

COMMENT 540601P helpful negative off topic

Mission Lights Rehearsal

2014-07-30 08:42 AM

Wow - pretty, nice.

COMMENT 540600P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 08:41 AM

Link to article mentioned by 596:

COMMENT 540599 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 08:34 AM

Wow, that was one hastily written piece from the LA Times. For example: "Santa Barabara" and "raciallly."

COMMENT 540598P helpful negative off topic

Board of Supervisors Approve Measur...

2014-07-30 08:34 AM

The oil companies today will do everything they can to intimidate the county into "frack, baby, frack" while anti-conservation conservatives champion their cause. Just watch for the hardest of hard ball pushing extract-and-inject. Leave the aquifers clean for tomorrow's kids, not dumping grounds for today's exploiters.

read complete comment thread

MADMAX helpful negative off topic

Sun Valley

2014-07-30 08:26 AM

Sun Valley Idaho.

COMMENT 540596 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 08:21 AM

Great article about this issue in the Independent. 'Angry Poodle Barbeque' explains how we got stiffed with yet another bill that lines the pockets of the "low rent lawyers" (quote from the article), and does nothing for the general voting public!

read complete comment thread

PAGLINSB helpful negative off topic

Scanner Reports 7-30-14

2014-07-30 08:13 AM

Thanks Roger for that beautiful segment on your thoughts about Anger. It could the "lead" talk at a 12 step meeting. Very honest, wise and inspiring.

COMMENT 540594 helpful negative off topic

La Cucaracha and More

2014-07-30 08:11 AM

That shot was in the ElPaseo restaurant. I don't know the lyrics of "la cucaracha" but evidently they were smoking marijuana. Maybe that is why they were crying over a dead cockroach!

COMMENT 540593 helpful negative off topic

Mission Halo

2014-07-30 08:05 AM

it is ok to dream...

COMMENT 540592P helpful negative off topic

Foreigner And Styx

2014-07-30 08:05 AM

540505 and POWDRELL said it all. Agree!

read complete comment thread

FLICKA helpful negative off topic

Mission Halo

2014-07-30 07:59 AM

Great picture, thanks.

COMMENT 540590 helpful negative off topic

Convicted Murderer Sues for Alleged...

2014-07-30 07:53 AM

The US Constitution protects everyone, even non-citizens, from crap like this. Those many of you who seem to think the jail is fun and games (making any complaint of unfair treatment therefore invalid), lock yourselves alone in your bathrooms for 24 hours and keep hitting an imaginary button and keep imagining that jerk off guards are then swearing at you like you're dogs. Then we'll talk about how great it is.

read complete comment thread

UPONTHEHILL helpful negative off topic

Birthday Love Signs on DLV

2014-07-30 07:42 AM

What a sweet idea. Lucky Diana!

COMMENT 540589 helpful negative off topic

Favorite SB Floral Fragrance

2014-07-30 07:42 AM

1. Magnolia Grandiflora 2. Plumeria
3. Orange blossoms
4. Pittosporum

COMMENT 540587P helpful negative off topic

Mission Halo

2014-07-30 07:40 AM

Wow - beautiful and unique shot of the Mission. Thank you for sharing this photo.

COMMENT 540586 helpful negative off topic

Favorite SB Floral Fragrance

2014-07-30 07:37 AM

Jasmine!

COMMENT 540584 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 07:23 AM

Just walked by there...lots of prime space claimed (but not all!). Didn't take my cell phone so sorry, no pictures.

Completely OT, saw a dead crow on sidewalk of Pedregosa between Emerson and Olive (west sidewalk, towards Mission). Thinking I should call someone to check it out....who?

COMMENT 540583 helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 07:21 AM

I walked by there at 6:30 this AM. Sorry I didn't take a pic, but there were blankets, chairs, roped off sections already in place.
What was quite humorous was the overwhelming smell of Cling Free Fabric Softener in the area. Quite a contrast to the "favorite floral fragrance" post on edhat this AM.

COMMENT 540582 helpful negative off topic

Board of Supervisors Approve Measur...

2014-07-30 07:14 AM

This will cost the county Millions if this thing passes. The county is self insured for only $500,000. The rest of the litigation costs will come out of your services - that's a fact. Rather that believing me or what is written above, go to the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisor's website and click on meetings/agenda. The last 30 minutes of the video is the most interesting.

read complete comment thread

POWDRELL helpful negative off topic

Foreigner And Styx

2014-07-30 07:11 AM

Killer pix!! Thanks for sharing them with us.

read complete comment thread

SWARFMASTER helpful negative off topic

Favorite SB Floral Fragrance

2014-07-30 07:11 AM

Pachypodium lamerei, a cousin of plumeria, is very fragrant but uncommon.

COMMENT 540579 helpful negative off topic

Styx Stick

2014-07-30 07:08 AM

I agree with the cell phone comments. They ask no photos or movies be taken, but people seem to think that applies to someone else. Sad to say, but that goes hand in hand with the blatant disregard for stop signs, red lights and the speed limit.

COMMENT 540578P helpful negative off topic

Mission Halo

2014-07-30 07:05 AM

God loves ALL people.

read complete comment thread

AQUAHOLIC helpful negative off topic

Favorite SB Floral Fragrance

2014-07-30 06:49 AM

Sweet Olive

COMMENT 540576P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 06:48 AM

It's Wednesday morning, I wonder what that area looks like now?

COMMENT 540575P helpful negative off topic

Mission Halo

2014-07-30 06:17 AM

We call that "the cosmic nipple"

COMMENT 540574P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:38 AM

I can see it now, traveling confessors with music groups and cascarone & food vendors. Seated next to carnival rides & food booths. Brilliant!

COMMENT 540573P helpful negative off topic

2014-07-30 01:35 AM

539, thanks for a real "laugh out loud"!

COMMENT 540572P helpful negative off topic

Chicago Style Pizza Rumors

2014-07-30 01:31 AM

Food news, Patxi's coming to SB. As they say, good pizza will weed out the bad.

check out the comments too

COMMENT 540571P helpful negative off topic

Convicted Murderer Sues for Alleged...

2014-07-30 01:26 AM

Before I get nailed for misspeaking, for using the word "everyone," the Constitution & Bill of Rights applies to US citizens. I realize that.

COMMENT 540570P helpful negative off topic

Convicted Murderer Sues for Alleged...

2014-07-30 01:23 AM

So much for those who purport to support the Constitution. Of course I'm torn in this case, of course this guy's slime, but the rule of law, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights applies to EVERYONE.
and seeing how he's black, not Hispanic/Latino, he's probably a legal US citizen. Yes, I'm being sarcastic, in case I need to specify that.

COMMENT 540569P helpful negative off topic

Birthday Love Signs on DLV

2014-07-30 01:14 AM

the couple involved, and their friends and families, are lucky, graced, and loving people. This is wonderful! Thanks for the smile, OP

COMMENT 540568P helpful negative off topic

Birthday Love Signs on DLV

2014-07-30 01:11 AM

feel sorry for you 365. how do you know they're not responsible people who will take them down? Why don't you post weekly about yard sale and lost pet adn all other signs? Do you remove signs in your neighborhood for the good of the community? I thought I was a sad sack...

COMMENT 540567P helpful negative off topic

Diagnostic Nephrologist

2014-07-30 01:07 AM

Good posts. Not happy with Elder at Sansum and that was "normal" care, but included dialysis. He's one of those docs who can't accept the truth/the end. Sorry, but there IS a time to give up and LISTEN to those who live with the patients. sorry for complaining.

Allyn sounds great, keep UCLA and other places in mind. Good luck, OP!

read complete comment thread

YIN YANG helpful negative off topic

Fiesta History by Flicka

2014-07-30 12:53 AM

"best of all, Flicka was our babysitter!! She was always fabulous and full of adventure, a wonderful role model for us."

Awwww. So sweet & wonderful.

COMMENT 540565P helpful negative off topic

Convicted Murderer Sues for Alleged...

2014-07-30 12:01 AM

My heart aches for this chump. Yeah, right!

Sue away slime ball

read complete comment thread

49% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

QUESTION ABOUT A COMMENT?

See a comment that you think should be deleted?? See a comment that was deleted, that you think shouldn't have been? Email ed@edhat.com. Thanks!

# # # #

*** 2 comments were deleted from this thread by the Edhat Board Nanny for violating Edhat Comments Board policy. Click Here to see them.

EDHAT COMMENTS POLICY

Send this article to a friend
Your Email
Friend's Email

[ easy-to-print version of this page ]

Home Subscribe FAQ Jobs Contact copyright © 2003-2011